Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to US just One week before H1 expiration

Hello,

I have a valid Visa until Sep 30th. I am planning to return to US on Sep 22nd. I have got the revalidated I797 Approval notice(Valid until June 2010) .

Is it ok if i return just before one week of my h1 expiration?? Will there be any problem at the port of entry??

Please suggest...

Please Advice

Can anyone advice please.

Comment

Visa validity

I have a valid Visa until Sep 30th. I am planning to return to US on Sep 22nd. I have got the revalidated I797 Approval notice(Valid until June 2010) .

Is it ok if i return just before one week of my h1 expiration?? Will there be any problem at the port of entry??

---- YES, you can return within the time frame as long as you hold and have valid and unexpired Visa. there should not be any issues at the POE

---- However, your I-94 will be only for that period. Ensure that the revalidated I-797 should be carrying a I-94

Subramanya

Comment

Same situation here

Subramanya,

I have the same situation. My visa/petiton expires by Aug 17, 2007 . I already have the h1b extension and i am planning to go to canada aug 15, 2007 for a day. Can i come back with the new approval form and get a new I-94 valid until 2010.

Please advice.

Nureya

Comment

yes if you present the new I-797 then the I-94 should be till the expiry of I-797. The extension has to be approved before you leave the country and should be presented at the POE and make sure you get I-94 upto new petition

Comment

Thanks

Thansk for your reply. But my visa expires by Aug 17th, 2007. I will be living and re-entering united states by Aug 16, 2007...so basically i have 1 day of valid visa.

Will there be any problem during entry?

Nureya

Comment

Awsome replies

We are not sure who is the moderator of the site. It will be nice, if you can answer the questions posted.....No response for somany days....useless

Comment

well the visa is the document that specifies the time period of entry. And the new approval defines how long you are allowed to stay. My only concern is that you are not usually given a new I-94 when you go to Canada.

I am assuming the the I-94 that came with the approval will still be valid.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X