Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does changing employer affect H4 Visa status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does changing employer affect H4 Visa status?

I am currently employed with company 'A'. My wife has been approved for a H4 visa based on my H1B with company 'A'. However, my wife is due to arrive in US only after 2 months and I am in the process of looking for a new job. It is possible that when my wife is entering US, my H1B visa will be in the process of being transferred to the new employer. Is that going to create any problem for my wife's entry into US?
    I will really appreciate any input on this. Thanks!

H4 issues

I am currently employed with company 'A'. My wife has been approved for a H4 visa based on my H1B with company 'A'. However, my wife is due to arrive in US only after 2 months and I am in the process of looking for a new job. It is possible that when my wife is entering US, my H1B visa will be in the process of being transferred to the new employer. Is that going to create any problem for my wife's entry into US?

---- It is not a problem. Next time when your wife leaves the US and returns let her have a copy of the latest I-797 for H1. That way she will get a I-94 till the validity of that H1. If you are travelling with her there is no need of the H1 copy

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X