Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1

Hi

I am currently at USA on my H4 Visa ( Expiring MAR-2008 ). I have applied for my H1 this year it got selected in random selection process. Now we have received a query from USCIS on some documends and we sent them today.

I need to travel to india during November 2007 for my sister marriage.
    My question is If i get my H1 approval before i leave to India still can I
    go to india and come back using my existing valid H4 visa then apply for Change Of Status COS or better to leave to india while is it in PROCESSING.

Thanks and Regards

h4 to h1

I entered US on H4 status in may month & now my h1 also has been approved. My H1 aplication was filed in April month & at that time i was in INDIA.So, my question is that do i require to get my Visa stamping done before i start any job.....or i can get the stamping done later.

thanks
    ash

Comment

H4 and H1 issues

I am currently at USA on my H4 Visa ( Expiring MAR-2008 ). I have applied for my H1 this year it got selected in random selection process. Now we have received a query from USCIS on some documends and we sent them today.

I need to travel to india during November 2007 for my sister marriage.
      My question is If i get my H1 approval before i leave to India still can I
      go to india and come back using my existing valid H4 visa then apply for Change Of Status COS or better to leave to india while is it in PROCESSING.

---- Yes you can travel to India and be back on H4. You may not be permitted to apply for a change of status to h1. You may have to go out of the country to get a H1 Visa and tehn enter US, start working and in teh meanwhile get the SSN

Subramanya

Comment

H4 and H1 issues

I entered US on H4 status in may month & now my h1 also has been approved. My H1 aplication was filed in April month & at that time i was in INDIA.So, my question is that do i require to get my Visa stamping done before i start any job.....or i can get the stamping done later.

---- Most probably YES. As you may not have received I-94 attached to your H1 approval notice

---- If you do have a I-94 with your H1 then you can start working and go for stamping at a later date

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X