Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 and H1 in Mumbai - Need help Mr. Subramanya

Hi,

My husband's firm is sponsoring my L2 visa this month. I have also received my approved H1B petition but due to an error in the name in the petition, I have applied for an amendment. I have not yet received my H1B amended petition.

What are the risks if I obtain an L2 visa now and a month or two down the line, apply for an H1B, once the corrected petition is here? I will be attending the L2 interview soon at Mumbai. And my H1B amendment petition is awaited.

I would appreciate if you could also advise me if I should or should not travel to the US during this time?

H1 and L2

My husband's firm is sponsoring my L2 visa this month. I have also received my approved H1B petition but due to an error in the name in the petition, I have applied for an amendment. I have not yet received my H1B amended petition.

What are the risks if I obtain an L2 visa now and a month or two down the line, apply for an H1B, once the corrected petition is here? I will be attending the L2 interview soon at Mumbai. And my H1B amendment petition is awaited.

I would appreciate if you could also advise me if I should or should not travel to the US during this time?

---- There is no risk. You can hae both the Visas on your Passport. at the POE you can declare your intention of entering on either Visa, accordingly you will be given a I-94

---- If you are expecting your H1 in a month or two, it is better to wait for it to come, take the Visa (there should not be any issues) and then come to US

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you and a follow up Query

But someone did mention to me that I need to explain the change of heart to the consulate officer in Mumbai as to why I need to change from L2 to H1.

Comment

Pls help

Also, doesn't the first visa get cancelled once u have obtained the second one?

I have seen in 3 instances on my passport over the last 7 years, with every new visa, the old visa is cancelled without prejudice.

Comment

If the visa is renewed or about to expire then yes.

But if both visas are fairly new they often don't cancel them.

Several of my friend have had H4 and L1 at the same time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X