Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H4 Visa Help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H4 Visa Help

    I am just asking general question, my boyfriend is in india and I am in Canada, if he gets H1B(for the united states)before we get married, can he come to canada to visit and we get married and then I can go back with him on H4? If not how long do I have to wait?
    Last edited by caspert99; 08-28-2007, 08:10 AM.

  • #2
    I could guess it is possible to do that. However, there is a rule that the person requesting the H-4 must have his/her spouse's name endorsed in his/her passport. Thus, as long as you can get his name endorsed in your passport when you are in Canada, you should be fine.


    • #3
      What do you mean by endorsed? Do you mean I must have his last name at the time of filing? His last name should show as mine on passport?
      Thank you


      • #4
        no name change necesary just a notation in each other passport mentioning that <youname> is wife of <his name>
        and vice versa