Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Visa Renewal criteria

Hi,
    I am in the US for the last 4 years. My H1-B VISA stamping expired in MAY 2006 and my H1-B petition was renewed before the visa expired and I have continued working with the client while maintaing a Valid VISA Status. Now I am planning to take the visa appointment in mumbai and I came across a Question in the Form "Are you applying for same visa class that expired in the last 12 months? " with YES and NO options to select.
    In my case my Visa Class is the same H1-B though my visa had expired for more than 12 months.
    I wanted confirm whether I need to Choose the YES Option or the NO Option because even though it is more than 12 months since my visa had expired but my petion was renewed before the Visa expiry and I have not left the US.
    Also based on the Selection of the YES / NO options does it mean that selecting YES here we are applying for the VISA RENEWAL process and selecting NO means that we are Applying for the Normal process ?
    I have tried to contact the VFS helpline but each time a different person gives a different answer which contradicts the answer given by the previous person.

Pl. help.

... Thanks
    SC

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X