Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 document - "Notice of Action" or a document similar to I797

Hi All,

I got my H1B (from employer A) approved from 10/2004 till 10/2007 - went for stamping, got visa stamped till 10/2007. In March 2006 Employer B filed my H1B petition (was still working for employer A). This H1B petition was approved from April 2006 to March 2009. I received the I797 from the USCIS too.

In may 2007 - I got married and my spouse's visa stamp has valid until date till 10/2007 (As per employer A's details). In June 2006 I started working for employer B. Does my spouse also need to have a "Notice of Action" or a document similar to I797 that I have (valid from April 2006 to March 2009) to maintain her legal status ?

Asking this quesion beacuse her passport has a visa stamped till 10/2007 (same for me) but I have a I797 approved from USCIS and valid until 2009 but she does not have any such documentation. When I asked my HR guys for such a document , I was told - It is not needed in my case. Whereas I went to DMV to renew our driver's license, I was able to get through all right till March 2009 but they said my spouse's license's validity will be only until 10/2007 and If the "Notice of Action" document is not available beyond that date , her status will be illegal.

If some can please throw some light on this , I will really appreciate this.

Mohan

she will be legal till 10/2007 only the exact expiry date of her I-94, you need to apply for her H4 extension asap.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X