H1b approved. But no petition and I94 provided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b approved. But no petition and I94 provided

I am working for company A on L2 EAD. Coimpany B applied for H1b COS and got it approved. However, it has still not send me the original petition and I94. Without these, I do not feel comfortable enough to resign from company A.

Can there be any reason, why company B is holding my H1B petition and I94? Am I suppose to receive the originals?

Jin

Yes, you are entitled to get the bottom part of the approved I-797 petition. They are doing this so that you don't leave the company before they make enough money from you, this is illegal too, you can complaint to DOL.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Orion.
      I am already working on L2 EAD with another firm. I am not too sure if I should go in for a resignation without proper verification of my H1B approval.

So I plan to resign later. My H1B COS starts from Oct 1.

Can I remain serving my resignation notice for my existing employer beyond Oct 1. If yes, then by how much days?

Comment

need to contact

Hi jinneebhat,

am in the same situation...i would like to contact you..here is my e-mail id: [email protected] ..will share my phone num once i receive response from you.

thanks in advance,
        Jyothi.
        Last edited by JyothiReddy; 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X