H1 B Success @ Chennai 06-Sep-07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Success @ Chennai 06-Sep-07

Hello Guys thanks for posting the queries and other H1 Related stuff.
    I got my H1 Visa yeaterday @ chennai. It just took 30 to 40 seconds to get my H1. May be was very very lucky yesterday.

Me: Good after noon sir
    VO: Good after noon
    VO: Pass the green folder
    Me: Passed
    VO: Why are u going to the US
    Me: Explained the Project in detail, That its a in-house project and the project name and which company's project. wht is the project all abt and what are the Technologies that are used in the project and what would be my role and the technology that i will be working on.
    He did check on the computer and was looking into my eyes when i was explaning abt the project.
    Then the golden words. Best of luck and he kept the Passport and DS 156 and 157. I asked when can i get the Passport
    VO: In next 7 days.

He did not ask for any other documents @ all...

- Best of luck...

Fantastic! Congrats! thanks for sharing. I have been finding it hard to get a date in chennai for december. Any thoughts on this? The site always says "check in 24 hours". I plan to take it in mid december.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Congrats! looks like you are from a company which is a member of BEP....is it?

Comment

That means dates in December aren't et opened. You can only book the dates until 2 months from this day APPX.

Comment

thanks for that.
          Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Kindly please help to answer this question :

I am trying to fill DS-156 and DS-157 to get appointment at the consulate for interview and I have doubts in following :

I am working in India with a company called "ABC". I had applied for H1 with a company called "XYZ".

1. DS-156 Question # 20. "Name and Address of Present Employer or School"
            **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *
            Should i give name and address of my current employer in India ("ABC") or the employer in USA ("XYZ") who has filed H1 for me ? Please note that upto now I have NOT worked for that company in USA ("XYZ") who has filed H1 for me. Is that company ("XYZ") still considered as my employer ? If asked to produce proof of my current employment, i can show salary slip of the company i am currently working for in India ("ABC") only.

Regards,
            DK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X