Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221g - need help

Hi All,

I have attened visa interview on november 6th and I have been issued 221g asking for documents like tax returns with out passport.I submitted the same without passport on november last week and on december 20th I got the a courier from VFS asking for passport.They give back my 797,i129,project desc,market analysis but they didn't return the wage report and tax returns.On dec 24th I submitted the passport at bangalore vfs.Please can any one give answers to my following doubts ?

1)will they usually take the tax and w2 forms ?

2)I mailed to chennai.niv asking for status on 8th jan they gave replu like this

"we received all the documents and your case is under Administrative Processing and we will contact you once we conclude" what does this mean ? is it same as additional administrative processing ? or it is different ?

guys who got visa like srimant or ravi or who has an please help...

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Finally got the good news

Guys,

Today I received my passport with stamped.

Here is the short recap of my story:
      Interview date : 19-Oct-2007 (Chennai consulate)
      221(g) docs submitted : 27-Nov-2007
      PPT received : 11-Jan-2008

Thanks,
      Surjit

Comment

221G Green form in newdelhi consulate! please help

Hey Guys,

I went for my interview in delhi consulate today morning (h1b) and the interview was for almsot 10 mins. Think the interview was quite ok , THE VO asked me several questions and finally she asked me about the documents i have . I had tax returns from my employer (2006& 2007) and i gave it. She wanted tax return for 2005 also!! I said i dont have it, she then took a green form and ticked the following

1. Tax return for the year 2005
        2. W2 form
        3. State Unemployment wage report
        4. Notarized list of all the petitioners employees and their details

The issue is i had 3rd and 4th document and gave it & Its with VO now. she said thats ok and she still asked for all the 4 documents!!

Now my question is 1) Can i submit just the 1st and 2nd document or should i again submit 3rd and 4th

2) The VO asked me to just drop the docs and no need interview. Has any faced this situation before and Do you think by submitting my docs will i be successful in getting visa?

please help as i am really worried!

thanks
        sriram
        Last edited by csriram29; 01-11-2008, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Got H1b after 221g blue

Hi Guys,

Here is my experiance about the H1b.

Oct 29 : Attended interview,got 221g blue was asked to submit the docs with out passport.
          Nov 20th: Submitted all the employer related docs which were marked, through VFS bangalore.
          Dec 22nd: Got a courier from VFS Global returning my docs and asked for passport.
          Dec 26th Submitted passport at VFS Bangalore.
          Jan 14th Got the passport with visa stamped.

So guys final words which every one who got visa say ! "Be Confident Dont loose Hope"

Thx

Naveen

Comment

Waiting to hear from consulate

My case briefing is :

1. Attended interview on 25th Sep 2007 with my wife for H4
            Issued with 221g requesting some docs from employer (not AAP)
            and asked to use VFS drop box (They asked me to drop the PPTs also)

2 . Submitted the documents with passports to VFS on December 12th,2007

3. So far no updates..still waiting to hear from consulate.

Pls let me knw if anybody is facing the same situation...
            Usually , wat's the time taken by the consulate to process 221g cases??

Will keep u posted in case of any updates...

Comment

221(g) Admin Processing

Hi,

my details

on 14 Jan, 2008 --> Droped docs @ VFS
              0n 21 Jan, 2008 --> Return Paddport with Admin Processing with Blue document...
              Can i know when soon it will be resolve??
              and also can you give me the contact info to contact consulate for my case status??

Comment

Originally posted by machugaridayakar
                Hi,

my details

on 14 Jan, 2008 --> Droped docs @ VFS
                0n 21 Jan, 2008 --> Return Paddport with Admin Processing with Blue document...
                Can i know when soon it will be resolve??
                and also can you give me the contact info to contact consulate for my case status??

You can send a mail to [email protected]...

Comment

221(g) green at New delhi at 23rd january2008

hi.
                  I got 221(g) green at New delhi at 23rd january2008.i have all the documents with me what the Visa officer asked during my interview. but the office was bit confused regarding my project. and i am going for a company whose 1st overseas employee is me.
                  in my 221 g they have not asked for any document .just given me the 221 g in which the officer rounded the photos section in 221. so when i said to her that i have the photos of company with me then she said ok and took the photos. and directed me to counter number 5.
                  at counter number 5 when i asked for documents what i hav to submit they said.no documents required.i hav to wait for their call.
                  so how many time is required for my response. any one from delhi please drop me a mail..

Thanx in advance..

Comment

my case details

Interview- Chennai Consulate Date -20th Nov,2007
                    Issue - 221g Blue AAP Date - 19th Jan,2008 after droping docs @VFS on 14th Jan,2008.
                    Status - Waiting.

Friends if any one have had experience with 221g with Additional AAp, could you please share how long it takes for AAP in Chennai Consulate.

Thanks.

Comment

My case briefing is :

1. Attended interview on 25th Sep 2007 with my wife for H4 and
                      Issued with 221g requesting some docs from employer (not AAP)
                      and asked to use VFS drop box (They asked me to drop the PPTs also)

2 . Submitted the documents with passports to VFS on December 12th,2007

3. Received both the passports with H1B and H4 stamp On 29th Jan 2008

So don't worry guys who are held up on 221g...If you submit all the requested documents and if all are genuine you will get ur visa stamped....

As a general info (may not be 100% authentic,frm my experience) , in case of rejection\pending after submitting the documents ,the consulate may get back to u in 10-15 days with further queries...

If you visa is approved by the consulate it may take arnd one and half or two months to get the passport with stamp.....

Only thing we can do is call up VFS everyday to get the status or mail to the consulate @ [email protected]. (But don't mail them frequently!!)...

All the best to all of you who are held upon 221g and AAP....

This forum helped me alot...Thanks to all.....

Comment

B1 221 form g

Hi i too had the same problem still now im waiting for my B1 visa.
                        I attended on 10 of jan 2008 and sent the document in mail on 22 on jan 2008
                        im checking in the website its still pending process.
                        i got a doubt untill they update we are unable to send any document in DROPBOX.
                        or after updating in the website we are suppose to drop the document in Dropbox please let me know

Originally posted by rajgot
                        Hi all,

Interview date - Nov16, 2007, pink 221(g)
                        Sent answers to questioner by email - Nov21, 2007
                        Case status - Pending Process, as of Dec11, 2007

I had interview on 16th Nov, and i had all the documents and the interview was going well. Finally the VO gave me a pink 221g form and returned all the documents except the DS-156,157 forms. She told to email answers to questioner in the 221g, and they will contact me. When i asked her why she gave me 221g, she told they just want to collect some information .
                        The 221g has a case number, and we can check the case status online. My case is still shown as "pending process". When i asked chennaiNIV how long it will take they say they are unable to give a time frame.
                        I was working in a startup in USA and had come to India for a vacation. I think the chennai consulate has some problem with small companies. A colleague from my company had got H1 without problem at a different consulate.
                        Please anyone who had a similar experience or who knows how long these type of cases take, post you comments. Also does anyone know what they are trying to verify before processing the visa?

Thanks.

Comment

Same 221g blue form @ chennai

Hi all,

Interview date: Nov 20th 2007
                          Got 221g blue form asking for more documents from the employer. VO was not convinced about the project. So she asked all the tax papers and other documents listed on the first page of the 221g form.
                          Dropped the documents in hyd VFS on Jan 7th 2008
                          Sent a mail to consulate inquiring on the status and got a reply that...

Thank you for your e-mail.
                          Your case is under administrative processing. We will get in touch with you when your case is complete

Awaiting updates not sure if they will ever!

So is it like every administrative processing is sent to USCIS or only some are sent and some are handled at the consulate leading to asking for sending passport?

Regards, nEIL

Comment

221(g) blue form---urgent

Hi all,
                            this is vignesh

i attended the visa interview .

VO asked abt the client letter but i said i am going to work in In house project and showed him the document also.

but he issued 221(g) blue form asking me to the drop the client letter with passport.

Pls help me...should i need to submit the same in house project description doc or get the client letter rom client.

Pls help me soon

Comment

Hi srinivas

Hi Srinivas

This is Vignesh...i am like u...the same case happnd for me also...
                              can u pls give ur contact number so tat we shall discuss abt this.

Regards
                              Vignesh

My details

Intervw Date - 27 Nov, 07
                              Received 221(g) form, checked with all the docs in "required from petitioner", and without pp.

The interview went ok, till the vo asked for tax docs, after which he said, some docs are missing, and gave the blue form.

---------------------------
                              Now I got the docs from the petitioner, with letter addressing the consulate, enclosed with sealed cover having docs

Now my query is that the petitioner has not specified the last 3 docs of blue form, (below is the list) in the letter that is addressed to consulate.

7) A letter(on letter head) from personnel dept at US jobsite stating there is vacany for u
                              (for this petioner mentioned abt lease aggrement, so does this suffice for this also, or any other doc? please advise)

8) applicants complete itenary
                              (for this, petetioner gave brief overview of my responsibilites of the inhouse project, within the letter to consulate. My doubt is does this will do or any separate and more elloborate doc is req?)

9) detailed descr of project, timeline, current status.
                              (for this petioner has given descr of project and but there is no mention of the specific timelines, no. of empl working on this prjct, etc.)

Please advise me on the above queries.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
                              Srinivas[/QUOTE]

Comment

HI Guys,

here is the quick breifing about my case for H1.

1 )4-oct-07 attended the interview and was issued a Blue form 221g
                                2) after 2 months i dropped the documents along with the blue form.
                                3) after 1.5 months i received a white form saying chennai consulate doesn't handle ur case
                                by then i lost all my hopes
                                4)13-Aug-08 i received a mail from USCIS with the below message
                                Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

5) till then the status is same would some one tell me how long would it take for some progress on my case ?

any kind of input would be highly appreciated.

Thx

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X