Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Stamping Doubts

Hello all,

I am about to schedule an appointment with US Consulate in Chennai for my H1b Visa Stamping Process for this current year. I have a few doubts before applying for the same. Kindly please help me by answering these doubts :

1) We have recently changed our Residence and hence the residence address stated in my passport and my current residence are not the same. In such a case, can I fill my current residence address in the DS-156 form or Is it compulsary to fill the DS-156 form with the address specified in my passport only ?

2) I am not able to see any appointment dates to get interview in Oct 2007 in chennai consulate.Is it Oct slot is full? When will they open Nov slot?
    Thanks in advance for any help/assistance that you would offer to me.

Regards,
    Dinesh

Originally posted by dksampat
    Hello all,

I am about to schedule an appointment with US Consulate in Chennai for my H1b Visa Stamping Process for this current year. I have a few doubts before applying for the same. Kindly please help me by answering these doubts :

1) We have recently changed our Residence and hence the residence address stated in my passport and my current residence are not the same. In such a case, can I fill my current residence address in the DS-156 form or Is it compulsary to fill the DS-156 form with the address specified in my passport only ?

2) I am not able to see any appointment dates to get interview in Oct 2007 in chennai consulate.Is it Oct slot is full? When will they open Nov slot?
    Thanks in advance for any help/assistance that you would offer to me.

Regards,
    Dinesh
    1) No need to change address, use the current address, if needed carry proof like bill lease agreement or something.

2) The appointments are snapped up as soon as they open, you need to keep checking esp thursday/Friday

Comment

Thank you very much for the reply. Kindly please help to answer this final question alone :

I am trying to fill DS-156 and DS-157 to get appointment at the consulate for interview and I have doubts in following :

I am working in India with a company called "ABC". I had applied for H1 with a company called "XYZ".

1. DS-156 Question # 20. "Name and Address of Present Employer or School"
      Should i give name and address of my current employer in India ("ABC") or the employer in USA ("XYZ") who has filed H1 for me ? Please note that upto now I have NOT worked for that company in USA ("XYZ") who has filed H1 for me. Is that company ("XYZ") still considered as my employer ? If asked to produce proof of my current employment, i can show salary slip of the company i am currently working for in India ("ABC") only.

Regards,
      DK

Comment

if you are still working for "ABC" give info for that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X