State of residence different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of residence different

When I booked my visa interview for Chennai consulate, I chose Indian resident staying in the USA. I went through DS-156, 157 and the Petition. I am from Bangalore and gave my Bangalore address as my home address (Q.15 in DS-156). However, my interview letter says State of Residence : Tamil Nadu. I just don't know how did it choose my state of residence as TN when it never asked me what state in India I am from.
    PLEASE HELP IN CLARIFYING THIS. DO I NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN MY DS- 156.
    Thank you.

Hi there:

Did u ever receive a reply on this one? I have a similar situation.

Comment

for errors like these just mention them at the time of interview, typos are common and easily handled by VO's.

Dont pencil in any changes.

Comment

I am in a similar situation. Can anyone please share their experiences related to this?

Comment

This is not a fault of yours, but a bug in the vfs system. There are other posts in this forum regarding this.. Whatever address you give in the forms, it makes it to tamil nadu in the interview letter. (i guess this happens only if we select the chennai consulate). I have seen this when i booked my appointment.. Nothing to worry about it...

Comment

Yes I got a clarification from VFS on this. This is a known issue with vfs system.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X