Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laid off from Comp A: Have 3 weeks gap before Company B applied for my H1B transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid off from Comp A: Have 3 weeks gap before Company B applied for my H1B transfer

Laid off from Company "A" 3 weeks back, got a new job and that company "B" applied for my H1B transfer this week (ie in 3rd weeks after layoff).

1) Is there any issues in getting my H1B transferred successfully?
    2) Would this 3 weeks gap create any problems when I apply for a Green Card in future? What are the things I should take care of when I apply for a green card in future in regards to this 3 weeks gap
    3) What if another Company "C" gives me a good offer in 1-4 weeks from today. How should I approach that situation?
    a) Should I join Company "B" for 2-3 weeks get 1 payslip and transfer my H1B to Company "C" from Company "A"
    b) Or until how long is it safe not to join company "B" and instead transfer H1B directly from Company "A" to Company "C" with Old payslip (FYI: Company A provided me payslip bi-monthly)

Your help and guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
    Rahul

-

Mr. Subramanya please guide.. Need your help

Thanks
    Rahul
    Last edited by rahulaul; 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks
      Rahul

Comment

H1 transfer

Laid off from Company "A" 3 weeks back, got a new job and that company "B" applied for my H1B transfer this week (ie in 3rd weeks after layoff).

---- There should not be any issues in getting a H1 transfer. In such situations, it is better to go for premium processing so that the decision is faster

2) Would this 3 weeks gap create any problems when I apply for a Green Card in future? What are the things I should take care of when I apply for a green card in future in regards to this 3 weeks gap

---- There is nothing you can do about it. Just say that you applied for a transfer and awaited the result of it

3) What if another Company "C" gives me a good offer in 1-4 weeks from today. How should I approach that situation?

---- Apply for a H1 transfer just as you had applied from A to B

a) Should I join Company "B" for 2-3 weeks get 1 payslip and transfer my H1B to Company "C" from Company "A"

---- If you want to apply for a transfer form A to C, there is no need for company B to be there in between and there is no need to work for them if you do not want to

b) Or until how long is it safe not to join company "B" and instead transfer H1B directly from Company "A" to Company "C" with Old payslip (FYI: Company A provided me payslip bi-monthly)

---- Joining any company requires only a receipt notice, irrespective of whether it is A, B, C or D

I thought this post was replied by someone and you are only posting it for more responses. If you were only awaiting my replies I am unaware that my opinion matters this much

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks a ton Mr. Subramanya - 1 follow up question

Thank a ton Mr. Subramanya - 1 follow up question:

The company B applied for my Premium H1 transfer in 3rd week based on my 3 week old paystub and it got approved today

Now in 5th week I have another offer and I want to join this company. I have 2 options

a) Apply H1 transfer from A to C with 5 week old paystub (FYI: I used to get paystubs from Company A bimonthly)

b) Apply H1 transfer from A to C with 5 week old paystub (FYI: I used to get paystubs from Company A bimonthly) + Receipt / Approval email from INS for transfer from A to B

C) Apply H1 transfer from B to C with 1 paystub

Which is the best option.

Mr. Subramanya, please guide.. Thanks a ton for your help and guidance

Regards
          Rahul

======================================================

---- There should not be any issues in getting a H1 transfer. In such situations, it is better to go for premium processing so that the decision is faster

---- There is nothing you can do about it. Just say that you applied for a transfer and awaited the result of it

---- If you want to apply for a transfer form A to C, there is no need for company B to be there in between and there is no need to work for them if you do not want to

---- Joining any company requires only a receipt notice, irrespective of whether it is A, B, C or D

I thought this post was replied by someone and you are only posting it for more responses. If you were only awaiting my replies I am unaware that my opinion matters this much

Subramanya
          Last edited by rahulaul; 09-24-2007, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Thank a ton Mr. Subramanya - 1 follow up question

Thank a ton Mr. Subramanya - 1 follow up question:

The company B applied for my Premium H1 transfer in 3rd week based on my 3 week old paystub and it got approved today

Now in 5th week I have another offer and I want to join this company. I have 2 options

a) Apply H1 transfer from A to C with 5 week old paystub (FYI: I used to get paystubs from Company A bimonthly)

b) Apply H1 transfer from A to C with 5 week old paystub (FYI: I used to get paystubs from Company A bimonthly) + Receipt / Approval email from INS for transfer from A to B

C) Apply H1 transfer from B to C with 1 paystub

Which is the best option.

Mr. Subramanya, please guide.. Thanks a ton for your help and guidance

Regards
            Rahul

======================================================

Subramanya

Comment

What you did in last? I am in something same situation ... though im not laid off but my company is unable to pay me ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X