Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPT-H1B stamping in Mexico on October 9th.Urgent!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT-H1B stamping in Mexico on October 9th.Urgent!!!!!!!

Hello Members,
    I came to USA on F1 visa before 2 years and graduated on March 23rd 2007. After my masters, I applied for H1 through a consultancy and I got the approval (I have all the documents from my employer). My H1 will start from October 1st 2007. I am working on my OPT right now. I haven’t been out of status till now. I have been working from less than one month. I am planning to go to India because of a major issue. I have taken an appointment at Matamoros, Mexico to get H1B visa. The problem is I will not be having any pay stubs from my employer by the time I go to embassy for stamping.

I have one pay stub, but not on the name of my company ( who sponsored my H1) and it is on another company’s name ( I worked with that company in OPT)and in OPT I can work where ever I want ( I believe so). My transition of status is F1-OPT-H1B

Will the pay stub be a hurdle for me to get stamping for H1B visa?
    Is it mandatory to have a pay stub to get H1B stamping?

Please members help me regarding this issue. I have an appointment at Matamoros, Mexico on October 9th. Please help me out.
    All inputs are appreciated.

You should have pay-stubs from current employer.You should have generated atleast 6months of pay to make your case strong.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Hey Topcatin,
      Thank You very much for the reply ............
      As I am a masters student , pay stubs are really mandatory?
      this is my first h1B stamping.......

Comment

Since this is first H1 stamping it would be idiotic to expect pay stubs reaching 6 months. Just have all the pay stubs that you get till that date and proof that you were here legally all during your studies and you will be fine.

Comment

Hey Wait_toolong,
          Thank you very much for the reply and i really appreciate it. Even i was with the same opinion but wanted to make sure from senior members ( which matters a lot to me).Thank you for your reply and the advice.

Comment

The advise I gave you was from my own lawyer who said it is good to have 6 months of pay-stub to make your case stronger. It just makes the case strong. And it is your current employer who matters. You may have details about your past employer..which is fine but I was advised to go for my interview after generating 6 months of pay.
            Why cant you have 6 months of pay-stub on OPT? If you have been working on OPT with an employer for that long or more, you will have.
            My point is it makes your case stronger with pay-stubs from current employer.
            How do you genereate these pay-stubs? Wait for 6 months and go.
            Choice is yours. Good luck!
            Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Hey Topcatin,
              I started doing the work recently (less than a month). So i will be getting only one pay stub by the time i go to consulate. I have a major problem in India. So that is the main drving reason .

So this is the sitaution.What would be the best thing to do?
              Thanks for giving the reply topcatin.

Comment

Ofcourse you have something important go ahead with what you have but I stick to what I said about generating 6 months of pay. Take your pay-stubs from your previous employer and the current whatever you have. But they really look into the present employer because he filed the visa for you.
                Just go with the right documents and just speak confidently. I suggest even if they say that you have only one pay-stub. Tell them that you had to be here for an important occasion and thats why you had to come down to get your visa.All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X