Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On H1 with fulltime student status??

Dear All

Could you pls help me to come out of the dilemma? I'm on H1 visa and wish to pursue as full time (research) student. Does it have any legal constrain to do so? Could I be eligible to receive funding from the school along with my salary from my job?

Pls do reply.

Thanks
    Anagha

Hi....you cant be as full time student along with your H1-B..it is illegal...you can be a part time student...if you want to be full time then you have to change ur status from H1b to F1

Comment

If you are receiving salary from your employer and if you have permission from your employer for continuing education, you may do so.

When you go on a research, any one can fund you including scool and your employer.

Not a legal advise.

Comment

You can study while you are on H1 full time as long as it doesnt interfere with your work-hours.As far as funding is concerned I doubt whether the university will even give you financial-aid since you are working? Find out about this.
        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X