H4 and H1, I-94 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 and H1, I-94 Issue

Hi, I changed my visa status from H4 to H1. I now have both the old I-94 (I got while entering USA on H4) and the new I-94 (I received with I-797 Petition).

I may not be able to work here and might return back home in a couple of months. Should I hand over both I-94s when I leave USA?

As I am not working, I am not getting any pay stubs. Am I out of status or have I reverted back to H4?

Anybody here know any solutions?

Comment

Actuly when you changed your status h4 to h1 that time you should submit your I-94, but now when you leave usa that make sure both I-94 they take. otherwise any of I-94 remains with you, it shows as you are still in usa.

Comment

or still the time you can call Custom & Border Protection or if you are in NY call JFK Intl Airport **.718.553.1688. explain your I-94 issue, they will guide you surely.

Comment

There are no issues here. Why can't people post striaght answers?

When you have changed status from H4 to H1, you will not submit original I-94 to USCIS. If you have not been working on H1B, you are still in H1B Status( Out of status wihtout paystubs). You may turn in both the I-94s. However, turning in H1B:I-94 is sufficient. If you moved to H1B from H4 while in the USA, both the I-94's will bear the same Number. - Check them out!

Not a legal advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X