Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Education Evalutaion

Hi,
    Can anyone let me know is the Education Evalutiaon certificate and Client Letter is must for the H1B interview at mumbai consulate, since I am a MCOM graduate and having the 8 years of IT experience, my employer didn't send to me the Education Eavaluation sheet, i have scheduled my interview on 22nd of October in Mumbai consulate, please reply anybody what other documents i need to carry for the mumbai consulate, so that i can get it from my employer, your reply is appreciated..
    Last edited by bangmale2004; 10-16-2007, 07:15 AM.

H1 issues

Can anyone let me know is the Education Evalutiaon certificate and Client Letter is must for the H1B interview at mumbai consulate, since I am a MCOM graduate and having the 8 years of IT experience, my employer didn't send to me the Education Eavaluation sheet, i have scheduled my interview on 22nd of October in Mumbai consulate, please reply anybody what other documents i need to carry for the mumbai consulate, so that i can get it from my employer, your reply is appreciated..

---- You definitely need the client letter if you are going to work at a client site or even for a client project at the place of employment

---- Education evaluation is not a must as you are attending the Visa interview within India. Educational evaluations will not be done by the employer (in most cases) and it remains your responsibility to inform the employer about the same and get the evaluation done. Your experience and other skills will have to be exhibited to the VO at the time of interview

---- Other documents include your employer's tax statements, number of employees and their positions, clients and their projects. The list goes on and on. You can browse the forum for the various documetns that people have carried and have been asked to produce

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya / Bangmale2004.

Your company obtains an educational evaluation from a private agency and submits to USCIS while filing H1B. This is a mandatory document while filing H1B. USCIS will then determine a minimum bachelor level equivalency in the United States for entry into "Specialty occupation".

You should also submit the evaluation to VO at the time of interview. VO needs to know the basis of H1B approval from USCIS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X