Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B to Green card

Hi friends,

I just entered the US on Oct.01, 2007 on H1B and I had been working on J1 from 2004-2007.

I wish to know if there is any one who has applied for green card on their own, instead of going through a lawyer, given the facts that I have merits and I am straight.

I would be glad if someone has had success in getting a green card without the help of attorneys.

Regards.

Green Card

[QUOTE=novice2007]Hi friends,

I just entered the US on Oct.01, 2007 on H1B and I had been working on J1 from 2004-2007.

I wish to know if there is any one who has applied for green card on their own, instead of going through a lawyer, given the facts that I have merits and I am straight.

---- The green card has to be sponsored by your employer or by any of your family members depending on the relationship. It is they who will sign all the documents. No one can apply for a green card on their own.

I would be glad if someone has had success in getting a green card without the help of attorneys.

---- Yes, you can do it. But that depends on your employer (if you are applying through your employer). You have to speak to your employer and their attorneys about these matters

Subramanya

Comment

If you employer is knowledgable enough, you do not need an attorney as employment based GCs are not very complicated if they know ABCs. We have successfully obtained many GCs without seeking any assitance from an attorney. However, it is always good idea to hire an attorney.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X