Please advice: H1 B got appoved, sent money for premium later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please advice: H1 B got appoved, sent money for premium later

Could anybody shed some light on my case. I applied for my 3 year H1 B extension at Vermont waiting for more than 3 months. I decided to upgrade my case to premium and mailed the check. My attorney sent the request to Vermont yesterday and they received it today morning.

My H1 b extension got approved yesterday, and we tried holding the fed ex shipment today but it got delivered to USCIS.
    Will I get back my check.
    Attorney thinks most likely USCIS will see that my case being approved will return back the request for premium and the money but again not 100% sure.

Thanks

You can instruct your bank for a "Stop Payment" on the check you sent.

Comment

I can't do that. I sent the money to attorney and the attorney sent the check from their Firm. I don't know if I should ask the attorney to cancel the check they sent.

Comment

Keep in mind if your package has reached and approved it doesnt mean they will send you the approval immediately.I have seen cases where people wait for 2-3 months for the approval to come through. In Premium processing you will get your approval at any point now. I would just leave it the way it is.
        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

BUt USCIS website shows "approval notice sent". I also received email from CRIS that approval notice sent on 10/22/07

Comment

Approval notice sent hmm. Find out from your lawyer about this. In this website I have seen people complain that the website says "approval notice sent" but not recieved the approval in hand. Speak to your lawyer.But premium process makes sure your application is processed in 2 weeks.And then you get the actual document.
            Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Update on my case: My attorney just received the following msg from Vermont service center after sending email requesting to return the check.

Looking at the below reply I beleive the check should come back. Still hoping for the best

Good Afternoon,

If the petition is approved when we receive an I-907 and fee for Premium Processing, the I-907 and fee are rejected and returned to you. That process can take 10 to 14 days.

For status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this Center you may want to utilize our web site at www.uscis.gov. This option is also available for I-129 petitions filed under premium processing. Forms may be downloaded from this site as well.

Thank you,

Shea

Premium Processing

Vermont Service Center

Comment

I guess you are good to go. As your petition is approved you can start work on the H1 start date.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X