Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transition from OPT to H1-B : please suggest

Hello All :
    I have been working on my OPT which is valid till June 2008 with employer "A".

I had applied for H1-B visa with employer "B" under Master's quota and got H1-B visa approved in Oct 2007.

As employer "A" is not willing to do corp-corp with employer "B", what options do i have ?

Can i continue on my OPT with "A" till i find a job with employer "B".

Is there a grace time period that is there to switch to H1-B visa from my OPT ?

Please suggest.

A of Oct 1, 2007, you are no more OPT candidate you are under H1 status.

You are suppose to work for your employer B and get regular pay checks.

If you are not getting that you must transfer your H1 to employer A or any other company.

if you have definite project with comp A, there are too many sponser available for H1 transfer. But it is going to be a problem if you take more time to transfer your H1. If more delays, you need to provide paystubs for H1 transfer.

Act Quickly!

Originally posted by bhaarathm
    Hello All :
    I have been working on my OPT which is valid till June 2008 with employer "A".

I had applied for H1-B visa with employer "B" under Master's quota and got H1-B visa approved in Oct 2007.

As employer "A" is not willing to do corp-corp with employer "B", what options do i have ?

Can i continue on my OPT with "A" till i find a job with employer "B".

Is there a grace time period that is there to switch to H1-B visa from my OPT ?

Please suggest.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X