f1 out of status...h1 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f1 out of status...h1 stamping

I came to usa on f1. Finished my degree but after OPT failed to leave USA on time. I applied for another program and got admission very late. Overstay was more than 6 months...university suggested to leave usa and reenter with another I-20 for another program after staying away from usa for five months. My f1 visa stamp was still vaild. I was able to reenter usa with old visa stamp and another degree program after staying more than five moths in india. After coming i applied H1. I didnt finish my another degree program and started working on h1. I recieved i-797 with valid 1-94. Now i am going back to get my h1 visa stamped. does my previous overstay will affect my visa stamping?? i am going to canada. I would highly aprreciate any help in order to get h1 stamping

It all depends on the counsel who is perusing your papers. If officer is meticulous, there will be denial for out of status reason. If counsel oversights past records, you will get your visa stamp.

Originally posted by Angi
    I came to usa on f1. Finished my degree but after OPT failed to leave USA on time. I applied for another program and got admission very late. Overstay was more than 6 months...university suggested to leave usa and reenter with another I-20 for another program after staying away from usa for five months. My f1 visa stamp was still vaild. I was able to reenter usa with old visa stamp and another degree program after staying more than five moths in india. After coming i applied H1. I didnt finish my another degree program and started working on h1. I recieved i-797 with valid 1-94. Now i am going back to get my h1 visa stamped. does my previous overstay will affect my visa stamping?? i am going to canada. I would highly aprreciate any help in order to get h1 stamping

Comment

Thank you forthe response

Hey Thank you verymuch for the reply..i got stamping...counsel didnt ask much questions about student visa..just asked for my deploma /certificate...however....i would like to point out one thing....i didnt make tution payment on my last semester to the university...that affected my credit..and later i went on payment plan...the consuler asked me if ther is any payment issue with me and my university...i got shoked..I replied no..she said that her system shows that..but then she said " since everything else is good, i have no problem in granting u visa....so please do not leave any debt to the university...university is not a credit card company...their system somehow finds that out...

Originally posted by GreatGuru
      It all depends on the counsel who is perusing your papers. If officer is meticulous, there will be denial for out of status reason. If counsel oversights past records, you will get your visa stamp.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X