X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received 221g :Was asked to re-appear for interview at a later date

Hi there,

Am a newbie in terms of H1-B knowledge.
    I've been following things up with immihelp for the past couple of weeks and this site is ultra coool!

Well, I appeared for the interview at chennai consulate on 31st October at 9.30 am.

I didn't have I-129 with me, now don't frown at me ( i didn't know it was mandatory) but I had all the other docs namely, I-797, LCA, DS-156, DS-157, Quarterly Wage Reports, Employer's Offer letter, Federal Tax Returns of my employer, Statement of Work b/w my employer and end client, Contract agreement b/w employer and End client, all of my personal docs , like degree certificates, mark sheets, current appointment letter, pay stubs etc.

All that I didn't have was I-129, the VO asked me for it at the first scan of the documents I had in the folder(prepared by VFS dept).
    I tried to explain that since it was meant for the USCIS service centre, I was not given one.

The VO just nodded and issued a 221g , ticking the option ' reappear at a later tuesday/wednesday/thursday , dont have to make a new appointment, just walk in when the needed docs are ready'.

Now, my employer has sent me the soft copy of I-129 form along with the education evaluation certificate.

And, here are my questions,
    1) Is it okay to just print the soft copy of I-129 and educational evaluation here ? Or should I ask my employer to send a hard copy ? This question came up, when I saw some of frens carrying attested copies of I-129.

2) Has anyone got caught like me and any idea, how much of scrutiny will the consulate office do on my documents as I need to re-appear for the interview? Well, the Statement of Work(SOW) is all that i have that is equivalent of the client offer letter. But it doesn't have my name on it.. I think I read in some posts that the client offer letter should have our name, besides, the offer letter (from the employer) with the name....
    So, should I get my client letter re-worked so my name is reflected there? or should this SOW work?

3) I was not asked any other question except "where is i-129 ?" and he didn't see any of my other documents... But he retained my DS-156, DS-157 and interview appointment letter. I dont think it matters whether he saves it or not, but should I carry DS-156, DS-157 again when I go again???

Your help/inputs would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

z
    Originally posted by kemi
    Hi there,

Am a newbie in terms of H1-B knowledge.
    I've been following things up with immihelp for the past couple of weeks and this site is ultra coool!

Well, I appeared for the interview at chennai consulate on 31st October at 9.30 am.

I didn't have I-129 with me, now don't frown at me ( i didn't know it was mandatory) but I had all the other docs namely, I-797, LCA, DS-156, DS-157, Quarterly Wage Reports, Employer's Offer letter, Federal Tax Returns of my employer, Statement of Work b/w my employer and end client, Contract agreement b/w employer and End client, all of my personal docs , like degree certificates, mark sheets, current appointment letter, pay stubs etc.

All that I didn't have was I-129, the VO asked me for it at the first scan of the documents I had in the folder(prepared by VFS dept).
    I tried to explain that since it was meant for the USCIS service centre, I was not given one.

The VO just nodded and issued a 221g , ticking the option ' reappear at a later tuesday/wednesday/thursday , dont have to make a new appointment, just walk in when the needed docs are ready'.

Now, my employer has sent me the soft copy of I-129 form along with the education evaluation certificate.

And, here are my questions,
    1) Is it okay to just print the soft copy of I-129 and educational evaluation here ? Or should I ask my employer to send a hard copy ? This question came up, when I saw some of frens carrying attested copies of I-129.

Attested copy is best one. If not take a print out of soft copy.ake sure softcopy has your sponser's signature.

2) Has anyone got caught like me and any idea, how much of scrutiny will the consulate office do on my documents as I need to re-appear for the interview? Well, the Statement of Work(SOW) is all that i have that is equivalent of the client offer letter. But it doesn't have my name on it.. I think I read in some posts that the client offer letter should have our name, besides, the offer letter (from the employer) with the name....
    So, should I get my client letter re-worked so my name is reflected there? or should this SOW work?

If you did not handover your SOW/offer letter to them, then you can re-work it. If you already submitted any documents, do not change any of those.
    3) I was not asked any other question except "where is i-129 ?" and he didn't see any of my other documents... But he retained my DS-156, DS-157 and interview appointment letter. I dont think it matters whether he saves it or not, but should I carry DS-156, DS-157 again when I go again???
    Yes. May be you have to pay fees again, check it before go for re-interview.

Your help/inputs would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions!

Comment

Visa sanctioned

Hi everyone,

Am glad to announce that I took up the second round of interview through 221g .

The VO asked me simple questions ..
        He asked me for the degree certificate, and he checked it out.
        He asked if it was a client/inhouse project.
        I mentioned the client and explained the project.
        And phew, he said the passport would reach me with the stamping in 2/3 days.

All the very best to everyone! and Trust in God

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X