Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-B | Blue 221(g) | Employer docs required | Does size of company matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B | Blue 221(g) | Employer docs required | Does size of company matter?

Hi All,

I was given the dreaded 221(g) on Oct 29th. The blue one, with docs required from employer marked. I understand that this is done to make sure that the employer has enough capabilities to support my employment.

Couple of questions, please be kind enough to reply if you have had this kind of experience:

(i) My employer has only 3 employees. Will this reduce my chances of getting a visa?

(ii) Did you get your visa approved with a small company as petitioner? How small?

Thanks,
    Monk

1. all the docs on 221g are asked?
    2. which consulate?
    3. passport asked? (if yes, then feel HAPPY!)

Size of company dont matter. All that is reqd is u have a skillset that qualifies under rare skillset to USCIS, and ur employer needs those skills of urs!
    Originally posted by oldmonk
    Hi All,

I was given the dreaded 221(g) on Oct 29th. The blue one, with docs required from employer marked. I understand that this is done to make sure that the employer has enough capabilities to support my employment.

Couple of questions, please be kind enough to reply if you have had this kind of experience:

(i) My employer has only 3 employees. Will this reduce my chances of getting a visa?

(ii) Did you get your visa approved with a small company as petitioner? How small?

Thanks,
    Monk

Comment

Re:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Only employer related docs - last two years' tax returns, employment wages paid in all states, list of all employees, their salaries and immigration status, and description/timelines/market analysis of the internal development project.

2. Chennai

3. I've been asked to drop off the documents at a VFS center. Passport was not asked for.

I am pessimistic about this whole deal, especially since many members who were asked to drop off 221(g) without passport have got refusal letters in mail. Adding to the fact that my petitioner is a very small company.

Hoping that members who have got approvals (especially after submitting 221(g) with tax returns etc.) would post the size of their company.

Thanks,
      Monk

Comment

Hi
        I would appreciate you to help with following query:
        I was given 221g -Administrative processing in london last month. I have recieved email from US Embassy saying Department of state require you to fax W2s Tax Copies of all employees 2004-2006 to US consulate in london. I spoke to my employer and he is sending me required documents.

My question is what are chances of getting visa and what is different between USCIS & DOS. Is my application sent for revocation or verification. How much time it could take after sending all these things. They have not asked me to send passport.
        Is my case with US Consulate in london or has been passed to USCIS.

Plz help me understanding all these things.
        Thanks

Comment

No no need to worry about USCIS or DOS. That is their internal matters.

USCIS issues the H1 approval papers, but US consulates also come under DOS verify employer and employee credentials before issuing your H1 visa.

If your employer is genuine then you get all the required documents, your h1 will be approved. It may take usually 4 to 24 weeks depends upon the complexity of the documents requested and London office work loads.

Originally posted by yoginishu
          Hi
          I would appreciate you to help with following query:
          I was given 221g -Administrative processing in london last month. I have recieved email from US Embassy saying Department of state require you to fax W2s Tax Copies of all employees 2004-2006 to US consulate in london. I spoke to my employer and he is sending me required documents.

My question is what are chances of getting visa and what is different between USCIS & DOS. Is my application sent for revocation or verification. How much time it could take after sending all these things. They have not asked me to send passport.
          Is my case with US Consulate in london or has been passed to USCIS.

Plz help me understanding all these things.
          Thanks

Comment

Re:

Hi,

Coming back to the original post, could members who have got approvals (especially after submitting 221(g) with tax returns etc.) kindly post the size of their company?

Thanks,
            Monk

Comment

dude,
              there r many cases where later PP was asked. consulate will validate ur docs n then as for PP. This validation may take a while but u r still in the game. Moreover dnt start collecting the stats of company size v/s the approvals. It is not gonna help as urs is already approved petition.
              Moreover, consulate knows every firm starts SMALL.
              ;-)
              all the best, make sure ur docs are proper, readable and LEGAL.

Originally posted by oldmonk
              Hi,

Coming back to the original post, could members who have got approvals (especially after submitting 221(g) with tax returns etc.) kindly post the size of their company?

Thanks,
              Monk

Comment

221g Clarification

Thanks for your reply. My Employer is genuine and they have sent me all documents. Only question here is: DOS had asked me to provide all tax copies between 2004-2006 but my employer said company was established in early 2005. He gave me all other documents from 2005 onwards till present including 2007. Do I need to mention that separately in sort of covering letter or just submit documents without any clarification.
                I'll appreciate for this query.

Thanks
                Nishu
                Originally posted by GreatGuru
                No no need to worry about USCIS or DOS. That is their internal matters.

USCIS issues the H1 approval papers, but US consulates also come under DOS verify employer and employee credentials before issuing your H1 visa.

If your employer is genuine then you get all the required documents, your h1 will be approved. It may take usually 4 to 24 weeks depends upon the complexity of the documents requested and London office work loads.

Comment

Re:

Thanks BN! I still haven't got the docs from the employer. Will keep updating status here.

Thanks,
                  Monk

Originally posted by better_nation
                  dude,
                  there r many cases where later PP was asked. consulate will validate ur docs n then as for PP. This validation may take a while but u r still in the game. Moreover dnt start collecting the stats of company size v/s the approvals. It is not gonna help as urs is already approved petition.
                  Moreover, consulate knows every firm starts SMALL.
                  ;-)
                  all the best, make sure ur docs are proper, readable and LEGAL.

Comment

Submitted docs (minus passport) at VFS on 20th Dec. The wait begins!

Thanks,
                    Monk

Comment

hi folks..my experience towards 221(g) may give u some hope & confident

Got visa stamped after getting blue 221(g) for AAP on NOV 19th,2007

Hi all,

I m also a victim of 221(g). So the following is what happened to me since I booked my date for visa interview till the visa got stamped.

1. Received my papers from my employer on NOV 17th

2. Booked for an interview date on NOV 19th CHENNAI CONSULATE (morning 10.45 AM appointment)

3. I was issued a 221(G) blue form for AAP (additional admin processing).they collected my original DS156, DS157, I-797, I-129, and LCA, US employer details such as: client letter, w2 report(wage report ). Employee’s details, it returns, photographs,
                      They didn’t collected my passport

Returned back to Bangalore with disappointment!!!!

4. I received a courier from US consulate on Nov 29th which contained another blue color 221(g) with checklist marked for submitting my passport along with I-797, I-129, LCA, New DS156,DS157. Also they returned back I-797, I-129, LCA & my US employer details such as: client letter, Employee’s details, it returns.

5) Dec 3rd morning I took the print out of DS-156, DS-157 which l already had. I went to VFS office, Bangalore around 10am to submit above mentioned things. But there was surprise waiting for me. They told I need to fill new DS-156 (but not the old one which we submit for the first time) and she gave the website where I can fill new DS-156 /us-visa-and-immigration-forms/state.html. Later I filled new DS-156 and came back to VFS office again around 2.25pm in afternoon and submitted my passport along with I-797, I-129, LCA, Newly filled DS156, and DS157 and paid 155rs fees

6) Dec 7th .today afternoon I received my passport with VISA stamped till Jan 2007 to October 2010

So never loose hopes if Ur true & Ur Us employer to be of genuine. Things will fall in your way

even my consulant was small wiht 38 employees

Regards,
                      Sumanth

Comment

Stamped!

Oct 19 - Rejected by Visa officer with 221(g) asking for employer docs
                        Dec 19 - Submitted docs (minus passport) at VFS
                        Feb 13 - Got mail (courier) from consulate asking to submit passport for stamping
                        Feb 19 - Submitted passport at VFS
                        Feb 22 - Got passport back with visa stamped

Wish all of you the very best.

Thanks,
                        Monk

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X