Green card & H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card & H4

I on H1. And i am in the last stage of green card. Wife is going to go for h4 interview.

during H4 interview (spouse going alone)
    Does she needs to be careful about answering about green cards qns ?

H1/4 are dual intent so application for GC has no bearing on the outcome

Comment

hi
      if that is the case.
      can h4 candidate say that currently she is not intending to work and after getting
      GC she would work

Comment

h4 visa holder can't n shldn't work.it doesn't depend on the holders intension to work or not.it's diff if on GC.

Comment

hi guyz thanks for the reply

when anybody goes for h4 interview ...when they are asked about whether u are planning to work -> answer has to be No (bcoz u can't really work on a h4)

but if the VO asks this qn " as ur spouse is in the process of getting green card, when u get a green card thru him r u planning to work"
          Can the answer be "i would think about it/ or i would"

Comment

generally for the dependent visa if the VO asks are you planning to work/why r u applying for this visa?, our response should be of " i need to accompany my husband in US" and later if the dependent visa holder is permitted to do job you can work.earlier i did the same when i went for L2 visa stamping.i said we are recently married and i need to accompany my husband(thats 100% true), also i worked after i came here(permitted n thats a diff issue)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X