Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding H1 extension / transfer

Hi,
    I have H1 visa and planning to change my empoyer for the sake of GC processing.

Following are the dates related to my H1 VISA.
    1) H1 visa was issued on July-2003
    2) Date of entry into US is Aug-2003.
    3) First 3 yr term ended in March-2006
    3) Till today( 4 yrs + 3 months of stay in US) i have been to india for 3 months for vaction in the above timeframe.
    4) When my current employer applied for 2nd time extension, they gave me valid visa upto Aug-2008.

Here is my question:
    1) How 6 yr cap is calculated? Is it the date of entry into US + 6 yrs or Visa Issue date + 6 yrs. If i file for an extension, upto wat time my VISA will be extended ?
    Please advice.

2). I have stayed in US for 4 yrs + 3 months and with valid visa upto Aug-2008, is it advisable to shift to new employer who says they can initiate GC processing in 3 - 6 months from the date of joining.
    Expecting some guidance please.

Thanks.
    Vid

H1 and GC

I have H1 visa and planning to change my empoyer for the sake of GC processing.

Following are the dates related to my H1 VISA.
    1) H1 visa was issued on July-2003
    2) Date of entry into US is Aug-2003.
    3) First 3 yr term ended in March-2006
    3) Till today( 4 yrs + 3 months of stay in US) i have been to india for 3 months for vaction in the above timeframe.
    4) When my current employer applied for 2nd time extension, they gave me valid visa upto Aug-2008.

Here is my question:
    1) How 6 yr cap is calculated? Is it the date of entry into US + 6 yrs or Visa Issue date + 6 yrs. If i file for an extension, upto wat time my VISA will be extended ?
    Please advice.

---- The date your H1 was isuued is the start date. Visa issue data dn entry into the US do not matter. If you extend your H1, it will be counted as 3 yrs from the last date of your previous H1. Visa does not get extended automatically

2). I have stayed in US for 4 yrs + 3 months and with valid visa upto Aug-2008, is it advisable to shift to new employer who says they can initiate GC processing in 3 - 6 months from the date of joining.

---- This is your decision. Your current employer can also initiate the GC processing and it will take the same time. If you shift to a new employer, why does it take 3-6 months for the GC processing as it should start immediately. Unless it is your negotiation with the employer

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X