Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Apply for H1 Visa ??

Hi Folks
    I am currently employed in b'lore and have been to the US early this year for business ( to attend a training ). My present company is part of the BEP prgm and i was issued a 10 Yrs Multiple entry B1/B2 visa. My whole family (Mom, Dad, sister and relatives ) stays in the US and they are all green card holders. I was unable to migrate with my parents as i was above 21 yrs when my parents were called for the visa interview and hence i coud't go with them as a dependant. After reaching US my parents have filed for me and its been close to a year since then, but most of my relatives say that it will take quiet some time for the visa interview call ( at least 5 yrs ) to happen as now a days the processing time seems to have gone up. Now i would want to know what kind of visa should i look out for so that i can move to the US and work legally out there. I can get any sort of help from my parents and relatives for any thing that is required...I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here and could advice me on which visa i need to think of applying ......

Working legally

I am currently employed in b'lore and have been to the US early this year for business ( to attend a training ). My present company is part of the BEP prgm and i was issued a 10 Yrs Multiple entry B1/B2 visa. My whole family (Mom, Dad, sister and relatives ) stays in the US and they are all green card holders. I was unable to migrate with my parents as i was above 21 yrs when my parents were called for the visa interview and hence i coud't go with them as a dependant. After reaching US my parents have filed for me and its been close to a year since then, but most of my relatives say that it will take quiet some time for the visa interview call ( at least 5 yrs ) to happen as now a days the processing time seems to have gone up. Now i would want to know what kind of visa should i look out for so that i can move to the US and work legally out there. I can get any sort of help from my parents and relatives for any thing that is required...I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here and could advice me on which visa i need to think of applying

---- The only way to work legally in the US is by getting a H1 or L1 Visa. H1 can be applied in April 2008. In the meantime search for an employer who can do that. Remember this is a lottery system currently, unless rules change

---- If your current employer in India has an office in the US, they can apply for a L1 Visa to enable you to work at their US office

You may try and explore other avenues and opportunities

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya
      I am currently employed in b'lore and have been to the US early this year for business ( to attend a training ). My present company is part of the BEP prgm and i was issued a 10 Yrs Multiple entry B1/B2 visa. My whole family (Mom, Dad, sister and relatives ) stays in the US and they are all green card holders. I was unable to migrate with my parents as i was above 21 yrs when my parents were called for the visa interview and hence i coud't go with them as a dependant. After reaching US my parents have filed for me and its been close to a year since then, but most of my relatives say that it will take quiet some time for the visa interview call ( at least 5 yrs ) to happen as now a days the processing time seems to have gone up. Now i would want to know what kind of visa should i look out for so that i can move to the US and work legally out there. I can get any sort of help from my parents and relatives for any thing that is required...I would really appreciate if someone could help me out here and could advice me on which visa i need to think of applying

---- The only way to work legally in the US is by getting a H1 or L1 Visa. H1 can be applied in April 2008. In the meantime search for an employer who can do that. Remember this is a lottery system currently, unless rules change

---- If your current employer in India has an office in the US, they can apply for a L1 Visa to enable you to work at their US office

You may try and explore other avenues and opportunities

Subramanya

hi
      What Subramanya said is pefectly correct ,and one more option you have , if u are unmarried , you can better think of getting marreied a lady in US, which is more safe and secured option, or else you have to find a genuine employer in US and have to apply in 2008 Caps.

Comment

Thanks a lot Vini and Subramanya. Also when you say check for an employer in the US, pls can you tell me how to get a lead or atleast how do i know abt which company is in the look out any websites which could help me out ?? and really sorry for being so stupid but i would really need some help out here !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X