H1 B visa extension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B visa extension.

I have completed my visa of about 2 years and 6 months.
    After that I have been out of US for 1 full year.
    I have stamping for another 2 years and 6 months on my passport.

Can I get a extension of total 6 years when I enter into US or do I just get the remaining 2 years and 6 months and then do I have to come out of US for 1 year before I could reapply.

You are justcontinuing on your old visa with one year break.

To get fresh 6 years H1 term, one must stay away from US for a period of complete one year and apply new H1b under quota.

Originally posted by RajeshKo
    I have completed my visa of about 2 years and 6 months.
    After that I have been out of US for 1 full year.
    I have stamping for another 2 years and 6 months on my passport.
    year
    Can I get a extension of total 6 years when I enter into US or do I just get the remaining 2 years and 6 months and then do I have to come out of US for 1 year before I could reapply.

Comment

you will get a new 6 year term if you stayed out of USA for more than 365 days. the quota thing is not true, resetting the clock only requires stay abroad of more than 365 days.

Comment

Thanks for the info to both. But it is taking me farther away from what the fact might be.
        After getting 2 responses here, I talked to an assistant of the attorney and he said that the clock doesn't restart..........
        So many ppl I guess even the attorneys just use the basic templates and cannot do anything which could be a little different...customization so to say, so they are also not aware and avg desi junta like us suffer due to that.
        I still don't know the real answer to my question.........

Comment

well we got the benefit 4 years ago. so I am sure the clock resets.

Comment

Thanks Mr "waitin_toolong":

Would you be able to tell me if the new 3+3 extension that you got was on the same filing that you had used 4 years off, or you had to reapply in the new quota the following year.

And if you got it in the new quota, could you travel to the US on the remaining 2 years of previous visa and then apply from US itself.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X