Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse name in passport

Hi frds!

I am attending for H1 interview in Chennai consulate along with my spouse for H4. We married in Aug,2006 for which we have marriage certificate. But neither my spouse or me have spouse name in passport and even I didn't change my last name with my husband's last name.As proof of marriage we are carrying wedding albums,marriage certificate and wedding invitations .Will it be a problem if we attend with these passports for H4? What would be the queries raise by visa officer on submitting these marriage proofs and I am requesting you to suggest appropriate answers for the same

getting the name endorsed is a good idea and you can stick to maiden name if you plan to keep it that way. But if in future you intend to change then do it now rather than later as it gets really complicated.

Comment

I read in another forum that Chennai Consulate insist husband's name included in the passport. I suggest your talking to VFS or e mailing on this issue.

Comment

having the name of the spouse endorsed on tha passport and taking on married name are two different things.

One involves just writing on tha passport spouse is ZZZ
        the other involves changing last name to that of husband

Comment

Thank you for all the given suggestions

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X