Questions asked at the consulate for H4 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions asked at the consulate for H4 visa

I was on F1 till June and got my H1 approved In june.I am working for a consulting company which is located in chicago but i am working on a project in California.Can anyone tell me what could be the possible questions my wife might face when she goes for H4 visa Stamping.

Thank you
    Aj

re

H4 interview is pretty simple!

I remember these questions from my interview (last year Sept, at Delhi):

- When did you get married?
    - Why did you not go back to the US with your husband? (the reason in my case being that I got an interview date only after my husband's vacation was over)
    - Was it an arranged marriage?
    - Who arranged it?!! :lol
    - Do you know where your husband went to school?
    - Where does he work? What does he do?
    - Did he go to school in the US?
    - Is your father in the military? (he asked me because he saw my Dad's rank in my application form)
    - What rank is he?

He asked me to show him the wedding pictures out of which he specifically wanted to see the ones where " you went around the fire"...
    He asked me to pass all my paperwork to him and he just flipped thru it all pausing only at the I-134..

That was it!

Relatively simple questions....some other friends who went later were even luckier; they were not asked a single question and not one paper was seen (I'm told if you dress the part of a newly married woman, it helps, but in my opinion its really not needed).

Good luck!!

Comment

re

cDesi, Could you please clarify what I-134 refers to in your response "He asked me to pass all my paperwork to him and he just flipped thru it all pausing only at the I-134.."

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X