Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 COS - Want to deny H1 and Keep L1

Hi,

I am on L1 with company A and then filed Change of Status to H1 with company B.

I have received my H1 approval with new I94 but now, I do not want to go with the company B that filed H1 and remain with my original company A (L1).

Can I do that ? How ?

L1 and H1

I am on L1 with company A and then filed Change of Status to H1 with company B.

I have received my H1 approval with new I94 but now, I do not want to go with the company B that filed H1 and remain with my original company A (L1).

---- Just keep the L1, go for the L1 Visa and join the company. For H1 you can write to the company to cancel the H1 as you do not want to join them and do not go for the Visa stamping

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya

I already had the L1 visa and it is stamped in my passport for upto 2009.
      Do I still need to get it again or go for stamping again.
      I am already in the US and I had entered on this L1 visa an year ago.

Also,
      a) I was wondering if H1 to GC is faster or L1 to GC is faster.

Thanks..

Comment

H1 and L1 issues

I already had the L1 visa and it is stamped in my passport for upto 2009.
        Do I still need to get it again or go for stamping again.
        I am already in the US and I had entered on this L1 visa an year ago.

---- If you apply for H1 it may be possible to apply with a COS from L1 to H1, but then your status will be H1. This process will be subject to the lottery system as per the present process

a) I was wondering if H1 to GC is faster or L1 to GC is faster.

---- Yes, given the present circumstances H1 to GC is quicker than L1 to GC

Subramanya

Comment

Hi Subramanya, My company ABC is setting up interview with the Mumbai Consulate for L1 Visa for me and my wife. Kindly guide me as to anything that I need to be prepared with, in terms of applying for GC at the earliest. And how to go about doing so...
          Last edited by Mathews; 12-13-2007, 03:15 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X