Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1B transfer

Hi,

I came to US on H1b visa in 2003 with Company A. In 2005 my company applied for H1B extension till Dec 2007. Again I went back to india and got L1A stampled through the same company in June 2005. My Current visa status is L1A valid till Oct 2008. My H1B with same company is expired on 5 Dec 2007.

Now I have following questions:
    1. If company B is ready to apply for H1B, will it be L1A to H1B (expired) trasnfer?
    2. Will it come under H1 Cap?
    3. Do I need to wait till April 2008 to apply for H1B or I can apply for Change of Status now?

Thx

Anu help/comments..senior members please hlp

Comment

z
      Originally posted by GMMM
      Hi,

I came to US on H1b visa in 2003 with Company A. In 2005 my company applied for H1B extension till Dec 2007. Again I went back to india and got L1A stampled through the same company in June 2005. My Current visa status is L1A valid till Oct 2008. My H1B with same company is expired on 5 Dec 2007.

Now I have following questions:
      1. If company B is ready to apply for H1B, will it be L1A to H1B (expired) trasnfer? YES2. Will it come under H1 Cap? NO3. Do I need to wait till April 2008 to apply for H1B or I can apply for Change of Status now? You are already in H1b so no need to wait to apply. Just give old h1b reference.

Thx

Comment

Thank you very much..

Just one clarification...while applying for Change of status from L1 to H1B (expired) I need to provide reference for expired H1B.

After that what will be status of my L1. will it be treated as invalid?
        Thx

Comment

Hi,

I have following questions:

1.Could you please explain the process for applying transfer from L1A to H1B?

2.Do we need to complete only FORM I539?

3.What all document will be required?

4. How much proceesing time is generally required for this?

Any help/comments are appreciated.
          Thx.
          P.S. WISH YOU ALL VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X