Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B VISA Pending on 221g - Passport Renewal

Hi,

I have attended H1B Visa interview in the month of July at Chennai Consulate and got 221g query. I have got required documents from my US Consultant in the month of October and submitted the docs to US consulate end of October. I have not got any reply after that from US Consulate and have also called them just to hear that it's still under processing. My passport is about to expire in another 6 months and I am required to travel to another country through my present company. If I renew my passport now, Do I have any problem later with US Consulate in getting H1B once I am through with 221g.

Please someone advise me on renewing my passport.

Thanks in advance.
    Bala

Renewing your passport will not creat any problem.

Originally posted by balagg
    Hi,

I have attended H1B Visa interview in the month of July at Chennai Consulate and got 221g query. I have got required documents from my US Consultant in the month of October and submitted the docs to US consulate end of October. I have not got any reply after that from US Consulate and have also called them just to hear that it's still under processing. My passport is about to expire in another 6 months and I am required to travel to another country through my present company. If I renew my passport now, Do I have any problem later with US Consulate in getting H1B once I am through with 221g.

Please someone advise me on renewing my passport.

Thanks in advance.
    Bala

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X