Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Ext pending-Visa Expired-H1 Transfer - VERY URGENT PLEASE

Hi All,

I would appreciate if any one could give me advice on this.

My H1 was expired on July27th07 & application for extension has been filed long time back in June2007. Case is still pending and recently got a query on my company, they submitted required documents 3 weeks ago. Company lawyer told me that since extension has been timely filed, It doesn't matter whether i receive approval before my visa expired. I will agree with that. I guess I can legally work till 180 to 240 days after filing extension since it was filed in time. Now I'm close to 180 days from my visa expired date. I'm in bit worry now and got a permanent offer from very big multi national company. Is it possible if I want to transfer my visa now to new company without waiting on my current company h1 ext papers or status? If I get my h1 ext on my new company, do I get valid I-94 also since my visa is expired and my I-94 also expired on my current company?

In some reason If my h1 ext with my new company gets rejects or got a query means still my h1 ext with my current company is under processing and I will get papers from my this company or not.

Please advice me in this regard. I'm close to 180 days since my visa is expired. I would like to find different options, not to depend on one option or with any one company.

Please advice me in this regard.

Thanks,
    Pallavi

H1 and Visa

I would appreciate if any one could give me advice on this.

My H1 was expired on July27th07 & application for extension has been filed long time back in June2007. Case is still pending and recently got a query on my company, they submitted required documents 3 weeks ago. Company lawyer told me that since extension has been timely filed, It doesn't matter whether i receive approval before my visa expired. I will agree with that. I guess I can legally work till 180 to 240 days after filing extension since it was filed in time. Now I'm close to 180 days from my visa expired date. I'm in bit worry now and got a permanent offer from very big multi national company.

Is it possible if I want to transfer my visa now to new company without waiting on my current company h1 ext papers or status?

---- Yes

If I get my h1 ext on my new company, do I get valid I-94 also since my visa is expired and my I-94 also expired on my current company?

---- Yes, your transferred H1 approval notice will have a valid I-94 since you will be resinding in the US and applying for a transfer

In some reason If my h1 ext with my new company gets rejects or got a query means still my h1 ext with my current company is under processing and I will get papers from my this company or not.

---- You may receive them, but there is no guarantee, as they may change their decision based on your next and latest application for a transfer

Please advice me in this regard. I'm close to 180 days since my visa is expired. I would like to find different options, not to depend on one option or with any one company.

---- Expiry of the Visa on the Passport has nothing to with any of your above queries anc concerns

Subramanya

Comment

In other words your current employer suffers

They have used an attorney and filed for your papers costing them hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Now you get another employer to file for your H1B and switch to the new one.

The current employer loses money and probably integrity with their client where your project is going on.

This message is not specifically for you only, friend, but for all others, especially those who complain why do these employers want them to pay up front cash for filing.

Good luck and take care.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X