Please help: further evidence required for H4 petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help: further evidence required for H4 petition

I came here in august 2005 on F1 with my wife also on F1. After 6 months, I have changed my status from F1 to my wife's dependent F2. The petition was approved in June 2006. USCIS had sent me approval notice valid for duration of status and USCIS endorsed SEVIS I-20 valid for duration of status. This I-20 contains my name as dependent to my wife.

Later this year my wife has applied for H1b under master's quota and got approved in June 2007. Due to this I had also applied for my change of nonimmigrant status from F2 to H4 in June 2007.

Last week I have received a blue letter (Notice of action) from USCIS that they need further evidence for my H4 petition. They need to know what was my valid nonimmigrant status between the periods of November 28, 2006 to October 1, 2007. My questions

1. what do I need to submit to justify my valid nonimmigrant status.??? Do I need to submit both the F2 approval notice as well as USCIS endored I-20? Just to let you know that since my F2 approval I have NOT travelled outside US so I don't have F2 visa stamp.

2. Why USCIS need to know my nonimmigrant status after November 28, 2006becaue my F2 status was approved in June 2006? I mean why they did not ask to proove my status after June 2006??

I thank you very much in advance.

Your legal status can be proved only by I 94, either issued at POE or comes along with F2 approval notice. Not by I 20.

Originally posted by pyrimidine
    I came here in august 2005 on F1 with my wife also on F1. After 6 months, I have changed my status from F1 to my wife's dependent F2. The petition was approved in June 2006. USCIS had sent me approval notice valid for duration of status and USCIS endorsed SEVIS I-20 valid for duration of status. This I-20 contains my name as dependent to my wife.

Later this year my wife has applied for H1b under master's quota and got approved in June 2007. Due to this I had also applied for my change of nonimmigrant status from F2 to H4 in June 2007.

Last week I have received a blue letter (Notice of action) from USCIS that they need further evidence for my H4 petition. They need to know what was my valid nonimmigrant status between the periods of November 28, 2006 to October 1, 2007. My questions

1. what do I need to submit to justify my valid nonimmigrant status.??? Do I need to submit both the F2 approval notice as well as USCIS endored I-20? Just to let you know that since my F2 approval I have NOT travelled outside US so I don't have F2 visa stamp.

2. Why USCIS need to know my nonimmigrant status after November 28, 2006becaue my F2 status was approved in June 2006? I mean why they did not ask to proove my status after June 2006??

I thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Hello Greatguru,

Thank you for your reply. Is that okay, if I sent approval notice with I-94 attached at the bottom as well as I-20? can it affect my applicaiton in unfavourable manner, If I send more than required documents??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X