Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost passport..Need to get my h1b restamped

Hi,

There was a break in at my apartment and they took everything...It also had my Passport which had my H1B visa, Original H1B petition papers and other documents...

Some time back i got my passport although with 1 year validity...i had spoken to houston consulate and they said that i can get my visa stamped in this as they will renew this only..please let me know if this info is correct?

My major confusion is related to my restamping of H1B

I have got all papers from my company and through companie's immigration lawyers which include
    1)I-129
    2)LCA
    3)H1B Data Collection and Filing Fee Examption Supplement
    4)Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney of Representative
    5)Companies letter to Department of Homeland Security
    I also have with me photo copy of my original H1B petition papers.
    Also i have been suggested that i will need a current dated letter of employment from my company and my last 3 pay-stubs

Now when i go for my restamping what all should i take care of?
    Is there any other papers i need to carry? I will take with myself the copy of police report..but is there any other papers i need to carry with me ?

Also can i go to Canada or mexico for this purpose...is there any risk going to canada or mexico? or shpuld i go to chennai consulate only where my visa was stamped at the first place?
    Is there any chances that i can be rejected visa restamping and thereby refuse entry into US..also if there is any chance with this then what should i do to avoid this situation

Please please help me out with this as i plan to go for my visa restamping soon...Also please help me how to book my appointment with the US embassy

Thanks

H1 issues

There was a break in at my apartment and they took everything...It also had my Passport which had my H1B visa, Original H1B petition papers and other documents...

Some time back i got my passport although with 1 year validity...i had spoken to houston consulate and they said that i can get my visa stamped in this as they will renew this only..please let me know if this info is correct?

---- Yes, this is true

My major confusion is related to my restamping of H1B

I have got all papers from my company and through companie's immigration lawyers which include
    1)I-129
    2)LCA
    3)H1B Data Collection and Filing Fee Examption Supplement
    4)Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney of Representative
    5)Companies letter to Department of Homeland Security
    I also have with me photo copy of my original H1B petition papers.
    Also i have been suggested that i will need a current dated letter of employment from my company and my last 3 pay-stubs

Now when i go for my restamping what all should i take care of?
    Is there any other papers i need to carry? I will take with myself the copy of police report..but is there any other papers i need to carry with me ?

---- You are well prepared

Also can i go to Canada or mexico for this purpose...is there any risk going to canada or mexico? or shpuld i go to chennai consulate only where my visa was stamped at the first place?

---- You can go to Canada/Mexico, but the chances are subject to speculation (it is the same anywhere, of course). You can try any other US Consulate in India, if you feel the reejction rate is higher in Chennai

Is there any chances that i can be rejected visa restamping and thereby refuse entry into US..also if there is any chance with this then what should i do to avoid this situation

---- This is subject to pure speculation. No amount of writing can avoid the pitfalls that you face. Only you can know. However, if you are prepared and confident, then you can sail through

Please please help me out with this as i plan to go for my visa restamping soon...Also please help me how to book my appointment with the US embassy

---- Access the vfs website and go through the instructions and steps as suggested by the site

Subramanya

Comment

Lost passport..Need to get my h1b restamped

Hi Subramanya,

thanks for answering my queries...Happy new year to u

I have few other queries and would request you to answer them...Thanks in anticipitation

I had sopken to my friend who has gone for retsmaping after his H1B transfer and in the consulate they aksed him for his H1B petition papers...Even though mine is not the case of H1B transfer but still they can ask for petition papers..But as i said in my first post even that had gone in the burglary..So wat to do...i think so H1B pettion papers are the most imp papers for H1B visa..so would it be a problem for me...In my duplicate I-94 my h1B petition number is there..would this help me...H1B petition paper is my biggest confusion...also can i get duplicate H1B petition papers...if yes the how?

Also as i said earlier i had got my new passport but with only 1year validity..so my passport will expire in may...houston consulate told me that they will renew this passport only so i can get visa stamped in this..but problem is i have read somewhere in my research that we need atleast 6month in the passport for restamping...is it true...mine would expire in may and only July...which make it only one more month to go...

also one question is can i have a H1B transfer without going for restamping and then once i get my H1B transfer then only i go for restamping.....will it have any -ve thing regarding my case...

although i feel confident about my case as it a genuine case and i lost everything in burglary...and i have a police report too regarding the same...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X