Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Extension

Hi,

I am in H1B with company ABC and my spouse also recceived the H4 from ABC with validity upto 4/11/2010 for all of us. Now Client (PQR) hired me from ABC. I have a new H1 from company PQR.
    I asked the company PQR to transfer my spouse visa, and Company Attorney is telling it is not required. Please advice..in this case is my spouse still in valid status ?

Is it manadatory to have H4 to be transfered to the new company name as per the rule ?

What other complications may arise in future ?

Appreciate your help in advance and expect a quick response to act on it.
    Thanks,

Attorney is correct

There's technically no such thing as H4 transferred to another company. It's directly linked to your H1B and H4 is attached to your visa not to the company's.

Take care.

Comment

H4 Transfer

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Since I received the New H1B , Is it not required my spouse H4 has to be changed as per the New H1B status ?

Originally posted by knowledgeable
      There's technically no such thing as H4 transferred to another company. It's directly linked to your H1B and H4 is attached to your visa not to the company's.

Take care.

Comment

Absolutely ...

your spouse just needs to make sure the H4 visa stamped on the passport is valid to be used if returning to United States after a trip outside.

If this visa expires and so does the original H4, then you will need to apply for an extension based on your then current H1B.

Comment

H4 Transfer

I am not very sure may be I am not putting in the right way.

We (Me/Spouse) both are in USA. Her Original Stamping already expired and my H1B as well. I changed the company as stated below and validity

Company validity
          H1B/H4 ABC 10/27/2007 - First company
          H1B/H4 DEF 04/11/2010 - 2nd Company
          H1B (only) PQR 08/15/2010 - 3rd company

When I received the H1B approval with 3rd company PQR i expect my spouse H4 also need to reintated as per the new H1B and company PQR.

However PQR attorney is telling H4 transfer is not required they are still valid.
          Since you mentioned that spose is tied to my H1b Now her H4 is with my old H1B (DEF company).

Is this need to be revised as per the new H1B (PQR) or only during expire ?
          We are not going out of country now ..Please advice.. sorry for the inconvience and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Comment

H4 goes with associated H1 from same company

Billbeta, just ask one straight forward question to your “PQR” attorney “what will happen to H4 visa from company “DEF” when this company DEF applies for primary H1 cancellation/termination?" As far as my knowledge once H1 is canceled, associated H4 will also be canceled.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X