X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I change my consulate while postponing the appointment

Hello all,

Could you please help me on this?

I actually belong to Chennai consulate, but I have been working in Mumbai from last 4 months.So i have applied for Mumbai consulate.
    But now I am worried to see the cases of being redirected to Chennai.
    Is it like that every such case is being redirected or only a few??

1) What are my chances of redirection?
    2) If I plan to change my appointment and consulate , can I change the consulate to Chennai while postponement or should I cance my appointment and freshly apply a new one in Chennai?
    3)Would this be traced by the consulate and is there an chance of asking for the reasons of postponement and change of consulate.
    4)I am in two minded and in a big confusion....

Could you seniors help me in out the best way to proceed now.
    a) whether to go a head with the applied one
    or
    b)Change it tio Chennai..

I would be grateful if you can help me out on this....

Thanks,
    Gaurav

With 4 months residence in Mumbai, there are very high chances you being redirected to Chennai. Best way is to cancel your current application and create another appointment with selection as Chennai.

Comment

Can I change my consulate while postponing the appointment Reply to Thread

Thank you Orion very much for your suggestion.Would it be traced by the consulate if I cancel and change my consulate and is there an chance of asking for the reasons of postponement and change of consulate.

Comment

I am sure this can be traced. But I am not sure if anyone traces it or not. But I dont think you need to bother about this because you cancelled and re-created your application to do the right thing and to abide by the rules. Even if there is a question during interview about this re-creation of application, you can reply the true reason with confidence and I am sure it would not hurt your application.

Comment

Can I change my consulate while postponing the appointment

Thank you very much....

But one last question...

Does it impact in my interview at chennai if I was redirected or would it be treated as ususal case???

Comment

There will always be the question if you were redirected to Chennai - Why did you goto Mumbai? even if rules on the vfs webpage clearly say you are ineligible to goto Mumbai consulate. Be ready with answer to this question.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X