X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very urgent - h1b & b1

Hi,

I need a help it’s very urgent ---

I had a B1 visa with multiple entry and validity of 10 years and I had been to USA in month of Jun 2006 with YYYY Company. In month of Nov 2007 I got a H1B visa from YYYY Company and stamped successfully. I suppose to travel to USA in Nov2007 and dropped off due to personal problems in home. Presently I have joined AAAA Company in India and present company asking to go to USA 2- 4 weeks for knowledge transfer. If I will go to B1 stamping my H1b visa will get cancelled and I don’t want to do that.

Can you please suggest how to proceed??

1) Shall I travel with old B1 visa to USA with carrying present company documents & is still valid even H1b stamped?
    2) If I travel with H1b is there any problems I will face??
    3) Pls let me know the correct way??

Hi,

1) Shall I travel with old B1 visa to USA with carrying present company documents & is still valid even H1b stamped?
    You can use the B1 visa until its validity, B1 visa is not company specific.

2) If I travel with H1b is there any problems I will face??
    You cannot travel on H1b for AA comapny as it was issued for YY company.

3) Pls let me know the correct way??
    If you have to travel for business purpose then travel on B1 if not ur company might need to apply for Work permit for u.

Comment

I had the same situation too..

Just travel on you B1 for your current employer. Your H1B will not be cancelled(if that is what u r worrying).. At the port of entry, just mention that you are here on your B1 visa and the I-94 will have the caveat B1.

HTH

Comment

hi

you mean to say If i will enter with B1 visa there is no probelm at all !!

beacz I want to have full knowlegde then only I will go and I don't want to get any probelms to my H1b visa.

Are you sure about that If I will enter with B1 visa there is no probelms ??

Comment

Any one faced

Hi Gurus,

Any one faced this kind of situation earlier ?? If yes pls suugest me and I am in very tension now. I am really reuired your inputs on this..

Thanks a lot for ur advance help.

Comment

I am not an expert to talk on this topic but I am just talking about my own experience.

I have a valid B1(10 yr visa) and a H1B with me.. I travelled on my B1 visa recently as I have not yet joined the company which processed my H1b. I told at the port of entry that I am here on my B1 visa.

There was no issue at all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X