Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Greencards and marriage

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greencards and marriage

    Hi I have no idea if this is the right place to post this but my girlfriend and I have a bit of a problem. She is from England and it seems the only way for her to enter the US to get a greencard is by getting married and we are not ready to get married. She is only a student at the moment so she doesnt really have a way to get an employment visa, and she can't afford to come in on a student visa (school tuition is too high for international students.)

    In England it is easier to get a permenent visa by way of proof that we have been in a relationship for over two years, and it does NOT require us to get married. I was wondering if there is something like this in the US because thus far I havent seen anything like it on the embassy pages nor on the immigration websites.

    Any info is helpful and good luck to all because I know there are more out there with much more severe problems than us.