very urgent on visa appointment 'no show'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very urgent on visa appointment 'no show'

I have taken appointment for H1B Visa and I filled DS-156 form. Later I found that I filled the DS-156 form wrongly, this i realized before 2 days of my appointment.Before 2 days of the appointment I can't modify the DS-156 form and I can't cancel my appointment.
    I have two options with me
    1) As per the guidelines I can go to the vfs office and give a valid reason to activate the fee receipt and take another appointment.In this case can i modify the ds-156 form.

2)Leave the existing fee receipt, take a new fee receipt and apply for another appointment.

Please suggest me what should i do now?

You can do changes to the present DS 156 when you go for the visa interview. I made a mistake too and when I was waiting for my turn to come, I was called back and they asked me to correct the mistake and I did it on the form which was printed off from VFS.so you should be fine.If you have any more doubts, email VFS or call and ask them.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Urgent mistakes in ds-156

topcatin,
      Thanks for the reply. The mistake has been done in DS-156 form section 32, "Do You Intend To Work in The U.S.? " While filling the application I gave the address without employer name, and the address also wrong, thinking that i can change it later point of time. 2 days before the appointment i tried to retrieve the application to modify, but the system is not allowing to retrieve the forms ,it has been locked.As the employer information crucial for H1b, do you suggest that to go for as per the appointment and modify the DS-156 in consular office or leave the existing appointment and take a fresh appointment.Please suggest.
      Thanks
      Satya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X