Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 detail need

Hi,

i got my h1b renewal but not yet visa stamped. can i ask my wife to apply for h4 with h1b papers? or is it visa stamping required ?

bala

Yes you can

Yes your wife can apply for the H4 visa using your original i-797 H1B approval notice and a letter from your employer confirming that you are still employed with the H1b petitioning employer. My wife just got her H4 visa using only these documents. She also has to show your marriage certificate.

Comment

thanks

Thank you very much.

Bala

Comment

Re: thanks

Tshallan
        My wife is attending the for H4 Interview in Channai. What question does they ask?
        She has my Employee verification letter which shows my salary ,positon and number of hours worked. Is it enough or do we need employee jobs assurence letter??

Thanks in advace
        Jay

Comment

W-2

It would not hurt if your wife has a copy of your latest W-2 as well as your employment letter. In my case, they asked my wife for a letter from my employer proving that I am still employed there and also a letter from myself asking the consulate to grant the visa to my wife. I should also mention that both letters should be addressed to the consulate its self. I should probably also say that my wife was applying in the US consulate in Istanbul since that is where she lives, not in India, so it could be different there.

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X