Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit & Run case and H1 Renewal/Green Card process

Hi all,

Recently I was involved in a Hit & Run case, wherein I unknowingly bumped into a car while parking, and didn't knew about it when I actually got the letter from the sheriff's office. So I went to the sheriff and explained the whole incident and he accepted my statement. But as the owner of the other car has already filed a complaint against me, so everything is on record now.

So I want to know will this case be a hindrance for me in my H1 extension or even when I file for my GC??

Any kind of guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    kdp1982

How is it possible that you hit a car and you dint know abt it? Looks like you thought you got away with it, eh?

Anyway, so whats happening now? Is it a case in court? What did you mean by "The sheriff accepted your statement."? Was the case dismissed? And if so, did you get the documentation? Were you fingerprinted?

Expect delays in your H1 renewals in future and expect to be questioned about this during your green card interview etc.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
      How is it possible that you hit a car and you dint know abt it? Looks like you thought you got away with it, eh?

Anyway, so whats happening now? Is it a case in court? What did you mean by "The sheriff accepted your statement."? Was the case dismissed? And if so, did you get the documentation? Were you fingerprinted?

Expect delays in your H1 renewals in future and expect to be questioned about this during your green card interview etc.
      Yes, I have the documentation, I have also informed it to my Insurance company, but havent heard from the company since a month, and no I was not fingerprinted, nor the case is in the court, also the damage to the other car, is slight, thats what is there in the report and as told by the sheriff. And this whole incident took place in mid-november, and at present I havent got any kind of inquiry from any of them.

Also can you tell me any site where I can get information about the procedures involved in these kind of incidents
      Last edited by kdp1982; 01-25-2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kdp1982
        Yes, I have the documentation, I have also informed it to my Insurance company, but havent heard from the company since a month, and no I was not fingerprinted, nor the case is in the court, also the damage to the other car, is slight, thats what is there in the report and as told by the sheriff. And this whole incident took place in mid-november, and at present I havent got any kind of inquiry from any of them.

Also can you tell me any site where I can get information about the procedures involved in these kind of incidents
        I too have similar situation happened for my wife. Now case is dismissed after she plead for guilty and paid the fine and took some classes.
        Now she is planning for going for H4 renwel. Will she have any problem with this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X