Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

H-1 visa and study leave

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H-1 visa and study leave

    * I came to the US on a F-1 visa and was unable to complete my Masters degree(MS) as I started working.
    * I am currently on H-1 B visa. (It has almost been impossible to work and study simultaneously).
    * Is it possible for me to take unpaid leave (Sabbatical ) for 3 months (1 semesters worth) to complete my Masters (MS) if my company allows me to do so without disturbing my H1B status?
    * Is there any document from the INS that says that I can take such a leave or any paperwork procedure to do so?

    Note:I dont want to use my regular vacations (since I have only 10 days left in them.)