Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/I-94 expiring on 1April08

Hello everybody,

In dec2007 while i was working for company 'A', I traveled to India. Before leaving US I accepted a job offer with company 'B' which filed for my H1B transfer (application received by USCIS on 28thDec). On my return to US (while I was still with company A), the VISA officer stamped 1April08 as the validity date on my I94 (my 1st 3 year H1B expiring date).

Now I have started working for company B and the attorneys here say that I can stay/work in US past 1April08 as my H1B extension/transfer application has already been filed and I need not to worry. The date on I94 doesn't matter if an extension application has already been filed with the government.

I just wanted to know if this is correct as my H1 transfer application is still pending.
    Last edited by jain2; 02-08-2008, 09:05 PM.

yes, you are correct.

Originally posted by jain2
    Hello everybody,

In dec2007 while i was working for company 'A', I traveled to India. Before leaving US I accepted a job offer with company 'B' which filed for my H1B transfer (application received by USCIS on 28thDec). On my return to US (while I was still with company A), the VISA officer stamped 1April08 as the validity date on my I94 (my 1st 3 year H1B expiring date).

Now I have started working for company B and the attorneys here say that I can stay/work in US past 1April08 as my H1B extension/transfer application has already been filed and I need not to worry. The date on I94 doesn't matter if an extension application has already been filed with the government.

I just wanted to know if this is correct as my H1 transfer application is still pending.

Comment

thanks great guru

Comment

H1/I-94/Petition expiring in May'08

Hi,

My H1/I-94/Petition is expiring on 16 May'08. I need to go in India on Apr 19 and I am returning from there on May 17. I have initiated the petition extension process with my company but it has not been filed yet.

1. Assuming that I can get it filed by Feb 22, 2008., how long will it take for me to get an extesnion?
        2. Will my travel to India in the timeframe mentioned above affect in anyway?
        3. Can I travel to India with just the receipt of petition extension application in hand? And if I receive the other documents later in India, will it be fine?
        4. Do I need an approved and extended petition when I attend a Visa restamping during my stay in India or just the application of petition extension enough?
        5. Are there any other pointers that I need to take care during this process?

Kindly help me with these queries. Your answers are highly appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X