H4 to H1-B Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1-B Status

I came to USA 3 months back on H4 visa. I got H1-B approval last year from a company "X" and it is valid from 1st october 2007. But till now i didn't use to work in USA.
    Now i want to explore the opportunity, and i am not willing to work for the company "X". In this case how can i change my visa status from H4 to H1 and i don't want to go back to india to change the visa status. I want to process this from USA.

Any help/information will be appreciated.

Company X just got h1 approval notice, it is not a visa.

Either you can go out and get it stamped comp X h1 in your passport and re -enter US and try to transfer to company Y. Otherwise, try 2009 quota freshly.

Originally posted by aanya276
    I came to USA 3 months back on H4 visa. I got H1-B approval last year from a company "X" and it is valid from 1st october 2007. But till now i didn't use to work in USA.
    Now i want to explore the opportunity, and i am not willing to work for the company "X". In this case how can i change my visa status from H4 to H1 and i don't want to go back to india to change the visa status. I want to process this from USA.

Any help/information will be appreciated.

Comment

H4 to H1-B Status

But i got few information from internet that i can try few alternatives. Please help me to understand this...

1. My employer can file for change of status and once it is done i can start working.

2. I will transfer my work permit to some comapny say "Y" and while filing new I-129 by comapny "Y", my status will be changed from H4 to H1-B.

this is the information i have collected from internet. Is this information is correct or still i need to go to india for stamping? My intension is to work on H1-B and doen't matter whether i am working for my employer "X" or other employer "Y".

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X