Issued 221g At Chennai Consulate on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issued 221g At Chennai Consulate on H1B

i had faced interview on Feb 12, 2008 at chennai Consulate. Unremarkably i had issued 221G by visa officer.

Visa officer ticked all the columns in 221G under Petitioner section and after seeing the paper and i told the visa officer that i have these documents, and started giving tax, wage reports, project report and notarised list of employees. then without even looking onto the details of the documents , visa officer gave another paper, in that marked to the point that "Your Application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made. This office will contact you once this administrative processing
    is complete.

please help me i am unable to understand whether i need to drop the documents in VFS. or i need to wait as in the 2nd paper it requires additinal administrative processiong before a final decision can be made.

when i checked with my employer, they are telling no need to submit the documents.

Please help me.

mail: [email protected]

hi

Hi,

They will verify your employer credentials, it may take 2-6 months depending on the case...dont worry

Regards...
    -Dayakar Reddy M.

Comment

first time stamping

Hi!!!
      is this your first time stamping for H1??

Comment

Issued 221g At Chennai Consulate

Hi Suni,

I attended on 11th Feb, 2008 and got same query. Please let me know if you get any reply from the office.

Thanks and Regards
        Somasekhar

Comment

somasekhar n suni78: is this first time H1 stamping with you.

Comment

Hi Jyothi..

Jyothi,
            I'm also sailing in the same boat , I have been to Chennai consulate on Jan10 and was issued 221g blue with the "AAP" ticked ,same as your's and I got another 221g 2 weeks earlier , so dont worry , you will hear from them pretty sonn. bye ..

Regards,
            Seelu.

Comment

guys,

do post if this was your FIRST time H1b stamping in India.

Comment

seelu:

i didnt get any query...FYI am on COS to H1 and with out stamp..i need to go for stamping for reenter to US..am jus postponing my visit to home country seeing the cases getting 221(g) or some form of query.

out of curiosity i have asked the thread starter n somasekhar whether if its a first time for them @chennai..which i fall to.

Comment

Chennai - 221(g) Blue form with Application Processing Information Checked

Hi,

I went for H1B Visa Stamping interview on Oct 20th. I have Masters in Ag Sc with 3 years of Work exp. as SAS programmer. After my interview VO issued me 221(g) Blue form stating my education + Work Exp. do not qualify for H1B. Visa officer also forced me to sign a form stating that I did not do any programing in Bachelors and Masters and need to withdraw my application.

VO also mentioned that my H1 Approval and petition will be sent to USCIS for further review and I will know within 4 weeks.

There is a case number written on 221(g) Blue form and "Application Processing Information" checked. - "The petition is being returned to USCIS for further review. Upon completion of the review, USCIS will contact your petitioner. Please wait for a notification from the consulate before returning"

1) Did anyone face the same situation ? Should I have any hopes?

2) Is there anyway to check the status based on Case number for 221(g) Blue

3) How long will it take for Consulate to revert with status? Will they communicate through e-mail or mail

Appreciate any suggestions
                  Last edited by a_chandu_s; 11-06-2008, 04:15 PM.

Comment

To be a SAS programmer you need to have a degree in Statistics, or Mathematics or Computer Sc. Engineering and related fields. How does Agriculture Science train you become a SAS programmer??!!!

If you have any degree other than Statistics, you can only do a fraction of things in SAS and you wont even understand the rest.

Shady consultancies can prove anything with any degree. And then you face problems like this when you go for stamping.

Anyway, I dont see much hopes for you. The consulate do usually provide updates through email on each case.
                    Last edited by orion; 11-06-2008, 04:45 PM.

Comment

221g in chennai for change of work location

Hi,

Attended interview on 23rd Feb 2010. got 221g to file new LCA for work location. Submitted new LCA in VFS on 3rd Mar 2010. How long will it take to get my passport. Any one in this situation?

your reply is appreciated.

Comment

No one can predict. Every case is different. Hopefully you will get your passport stamped sooner than expected. You just need to be patient.

Originally posted by osara View Post
                        Hi,

Attended interview on 23rd Feb 2010. got 221g to file new LCA for work location. Submitted new LCA in VFS on 3rd Mar 2010. How long will it take to get my passport. Any one in this situation?

your reply is appreciated.
                        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

got H1B after receiving 221G 2 times at chennai consulate

hi,
                          I Wanted to share my H1B stamping experience with all of you..Hope this would help people who are going for stamping for the First time..Mine was a bit different case in the initial stage…

I went for stamping in Chennai..VO asked me few questions about my company, roles and regarding my project.. After which he said your visa is approved you would receive your passport in few days time. Thought things went smooth with me and felt happy which lasted for only 4days when I had received my passport ( was shocked to see that stamping is not done in it and) along with a blue slip which states it is 221g case and it was written as "FIRST REQUEST" on it.

My query requested the details with respect to my employer. They asked about

1) Individual state tax returns

2) Bank statements

3) Notarized list of all employees

4) Project Report

5) Offer Letter

6) Paspsport, I-797, I-129, Labor statement

7) State Unemployment Wage reports

I had all the docs except the notarized list of employees, which had to be couriered from US and that took 4 days to come to me after which I had submitted them all…. but in 5 days of my submission I had received my passport without stamping on it and with the same blue slip and “SECOND REQUEST” written on it. Now they had highlighted for two docs, which I had already sent in my first requested documents but I guess they might had missed them to check.

But anyways those were:

1) Notarized list of all employees

2) Individual state tax returns

I had submitted both of the docs again.this time after 9 days I had received my passport which has got H1B stamp on it...

Finally I got out from this situation after a great struggle and am now in the U.S. !!
                          So, stay Positive:-)

Comment

Please help! First time H1 stamping after change of status from H4 to H1

I went to US on 2009 Feb on H4 visa. I got a full time job there in a start up company who sponsored my H1B.I came here on vacation after one year and attended the visa interview.

Got 221g blue :06Oct
                            Submitted docs:15 Nov

The VO officer had handed me 221g saying my employer has only 21 employees. I had submitted all the documents asked for on 15 Nov.
                            Yesterday I received another 221(g) asking some documents which I had already sent in the first lot(Employer tax return & Employee roster).

1) Is the reason for rejecting documents wrong format or the documents being the scanned copy?
                            2) When I submit the documents for this new 221(g) do I need to submit all the other documents which I had sent with previous one?
                            3) Do I need to include the passport with it. In first 221(g) it was mentioned not to include the passport but in new one nothing is specifically mentioned.

Would really appreciate if someone could answer my queries.

Thanks
                            Raj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X