X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with H1-B stamping

Hello All:

Background:
    I am a canadian resident working in the US (Massachusetts). I changed my job 1 year back and have a new approval notice. However, my passport has a visa stamp from my previous employer that is still valid.

My wife was on F1 till not and due to some reasons she had to return on a H4 status.

Since she had to get her H4 stamped based on my new H1 approval, i also had to go for my H1 stamp. We decided to get this done in the US consulate in Ottawa, Canada.

Problem:
    The VISA officer has some doubts regarding my case and is delaying the stamping. My new employment letter states that i may have to work anywhere in the US, this is a general employment letter given to all employees. I have been working in Massachusetts at one location since i got my new job.

However, my LCA based on which i got my approval states that i can work only in the Massachusetts jurisdiction.

The officer sees this as a discrepancy and is delaying the stamping of my VISA. I have asked him number of times that i can produce more documentation from my employer stating that i will be working only in Massachusetts, but he does not want any more documents.

Can anyone give any advise, how to proceed in this case?? If the officer rejects my H1, are there any alternatives?? coz i have my job in the US and all my belongings.

Any advise will be highly appreciated!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X