No announcement yet.

H4 to H1 conversion (in India itself)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 conversion (in India itself)?

Hi All,
    I have a query regarding H4 and H1B visas.

My wife got selected to a company in US and they have processed her H1-B. She got the approval papers in November 2007, and in the package they sent, they did not give the client related documents. We have requested her employer to send us the client details and project information in November 2007 itself. Then mean time I got H1B visa from my employer, same time my employer has applied H4 for my wife and my kid, Since my wife's employer is taking quite long time to respond with the required documents we went for visas and we all got the visas (H1 for me, H4 for my wife and Kid).Then I alone came to US on some urgency with the current project and planning to bring my wife and kid on their H4 visas to US.

But, two days back my wife's employer has responded with the requested documents and my wife also want to work for that company. Please answer the below doubts regarding our issue.

1. Having H4 visa, Can she attend for H1B now?

2. Is it possible for her to apply for the change of status(H4 to H1) after coming to US.

3. If she attends for H1 and If she get's rejection for H1, Does she still eligible to come to US on her H4 which she currently holding)

4. If my wife gets H1, does my Kid have the same H4 (Which she got on the basis of my H1) or my kid again need to get stamped for H4 on basis of her mothers H1 as she will be traveling with her mother?

Thanks in advance
    Sidhu

answers in red
    Originally posted by ramsidhu
    Hi All,
    I have a query regarding H4 and H1B visas.

My wife got selected to a company in US and they have processed her H1-B. She got the approval papers in November 2007, and in the package they sent, they did not give the client related documents. We have requested her employer to send us the client details and project information in November 2007 itself. Then mean time I got H1B visa from my employer, same time my employer has applied H4 for my wife and my kid, Since my wife's employer is taking quite long time to respond with the required documents we went for visas and we all got the visas (H1 for me, H4 for my wife and Kid).Then I alone came to US on some urgency with the current project and planning to bring my wife and kid on their H4 visas to US.

But, two days back my wife's employer has responded with the requested documents and my wife also want to work for that company. Please answer the below doubts regarding our issue.

1. Having H4 visa, Can she attend for H1B now? Yes

2. Is it possible for her to apply for the change of status(H4 to H1) after coming to US. Yes, but to start work the COS will have to be approved first

3. If she attends for H1 and If she get's rejection for H1, Does she still eligible to come to US on her H4 which she currently holding) Yes, if they dont cancel her H4, but she cannot work on H4

4. If my wife gets H1, does my Kid have the same H4 (Which she got on the basis of my H1) or my kid again need to get stamped for H4 on basis of her mothers H1 as she will be traveling with her mother?It does not matter

Thanks in advance
    Sidhu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X