Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4-h1

Hi Seniors,

I would be filing for change of status for my wife from H4 to H1 through an employer during the second week of April 08, and she would land in the US during the first week of April. I have the following questions:

1. If H1B is approved, should she go back to India to get the visa stamped, before starting to work?

2. If the answer to the first question is YES, would she be eligible to enter US only in Oct.2008 or as soon as she gets her visa stamped?

3. Or with the approval of change of status from H4 to H1, could she begin working from August 2008, since the employer is a county Public school?

I appreciate your patience in answering my queries. Thank you.

1. No. 2. Not Applicable. 3. Yes

Originally posted by novice2007
    Hi Seniors,

I would be filing for change of status for my wife from H4 to H1 through an employer during the second week of April 08, and she would land in the US during the first week of April. I have the following questions:

1. If H1B is approved, should she go back to India to get the visa stamped, before starting to work?

2. If the answer to the first question is YES, would she be eligible to enter US only in Oct.2008 or as soon as she gets her visa stamped?

3. Or with the approval of change of status from H4 to H1, could she begin working from August 2008, since the employer is a county Public school?

I appreciate your patience in answering my queries. Thank you.

Comment

thank you

Hi Knowledgeable,

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X