Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 validity

Hi,
    I got my H1 through company A which presently i work.I didnt yet take a travel to US from Company A .If i move to company B now, Will the visa be valid to use at company B?Please let me know..

hi

you have to get ur H1 transfered to company B to travel as u cannot travel for com B with the H1 which is in the name of com A.

Comment

H1 validity

Iam currently in India and had never taken travel to US for Comp A.In this case, if i quit comp A, will the visa be valid to use at the future or should i have to travel atleast once for Comp A to make it valid?

Comment

on petition...

Hi friend,

As far as my knowledge goes;

You are given approval to work for Comp A, which means, if you decide to work for Comp B, the USCIS has to approve your work for the company B. Till then you are authroized to work only for Comp A, unless you get your approval TRANSFERED to comp B, no matter whether you travel to the US or not.

Visa stamping is for you to enter into the land of US but the approval form is where and for whom you are going to work for. Visa stamping is approval to put your foot into the US and I-797 is to work and survive.

1. Get your work approval transfered to comp B, even if your visa is stamped using the approval of comp A.

2. At the port of entry they would be looking at the I-797 (approval document) which would be for comp B, if you have got your transfer from comp A to B.

3. If you enter the US with the work permit for comp A, and you decide to change to B, you may do it from within the US and am sure your attorneys would do the formalities for you.

All the best.

Please consult other seniors for further decision making.

Originally posted by muru
        Hi,
        I got my H1 through company A which presently i work.I didnt yet take a travel to US from Company A .If i move to company B now, Will the visa be valid to use at company B?Please let me know..

Comment

Thanks novice, Thanks for ur comments.
          Can someone else too suggest on this to take up a clear decision....
          would appreciate if given a quick response..

Thanks..Muru

Comment

Novice 2007 explained it well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X